Director, Digital Marketing
Universal Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/3/2023 2:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Digital Marketing jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Director, Digital Marketing postings
Full Time Job
Capitol Records is currently seeking a Director, Digital Marketing for our Hollywood, CA office. This Manager will spearhead Digital Marketing initiatives for the label's Hip Hop and R&B roster. They are responsible for building out the digital, mobile and social components of an artist's overall marketing plan – including but not limited to: digital promotions, social content, influencer campaigns, digital advertising, CRM, social/digital partner activations, content seeding outlets, artists websites, which optimize for audience acquisition and engagement, music & video consumption, and D2C purchases.
How you'll CREATE:
• Define, plan, and execute digital marketing campaigns for a roster of artists.
• Lead the creation and utilization of all artist websites and social networks with updates, posts news, content, etc… Will also be involved in the development of artist's websites, other digital and mobile protocols, including wireframing, user experience design and feature requisition.
• Contribute to the design and creation of the artist's digital assets, including photo and video content.
• Heavy research of artist communities and word-of-mouth analysis (reading and analyzing blogs, other artist sites, etc.).
• Quantify the success and efficiency of digital promotions, paid media campaigns, eCommerce efforts, social engagement and partnerships via various analytics tools.
• Manage relationships with top-level artists, managers, and other partners
• Leverage your relationships and expertise between artist teams and social media partners (TikTok, Instagram/FaceBook, YouTube/VEVO, Twitter, etc) on best practices, content trends, engagement and promotional opportunities.
• Discover new sites, outlets, influencer accounts to promote artists and maintain relationships with key sites and partners.
• Measure and analyze overall campaign performance and provide insights and key learnings to other departments.
• Track-specific milestones, including email, social and advertising conversion rates, plays and views, number of fans acquired, campaign spend and ROI against project goals.
• Drive direct to consumer revenue from recorded music sales, merchandise, ticketing, advertising, and subscription.
• Create and manage database marketing campaigns to find new fans and optimize conversions.
• Identify viral, digital word-of-mouth marketing opportunities with the goal of driving traffic, fan acquisition, and creating brand awareness for artists.
• Work with creative and content departments on digital content creation, optimization, and scheduling.
• Partner with internal departments (marketing, commercial, production, press, research and international) to execute effective interactive strategies.
Bring your VIBE:
• Must have 4+ years of experience in digital marketing within the music industry, preferably at a major label.
• Strong analytical background and ability to create and update reports.
• Expert knowledge of all current social media and digital platforms, and a proven track record of amplifying content, creating on platform engagement, and breaking artists through a social media lens
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams (strong project management, organization, and communication skills)
• Ambitious individual sought who is a self-starter requiring minimal direction.
• Excellent communication oral and written skills are a must. Candidate will be collaborating with presenting campaigns to and contextualizing results for a broad audience every week and sending frequent real time updates as things happen.
• Social strategy and paid media planning experience preferred.
• Must be proficient with using Excel, PowerPoint or Keynote, Photoshop, video editing software (Premiere or Final Cut), and comfortable with collaboration and asset management tools like Google Drive, Dropbox, Evernote, Basecamp and the like.
• Must thrive in a team environment but be able to take initiative and work independently.
• Candidate must have strong computer knowledge of various music applications and excellent knowledge of the Internet.
• Candidate must be motivated, creative, innovative, organized, detail-oriented and accustomed to working under tight deadlines.
• Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
Job Category:Marketing, Streaming & Digital Media