Universal Music GroupTel Aviv-Yafo, TA
Full Time Job
Job title: Bookkeeper, Israel
Location of work: Tel Aviv, Israel
Music is Universal
It's the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world's leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
We are in search of an experienced, skilled, independent, and responsible Bookkeeper to join our Finance team in Tel Aviv Israel.
The Bookkeeper provides ongoing bookkeeping support to both the Universal Music and Universal Music Publishing businesses; accurately recording and reporting the results of both companies; ensuring the company reports according to local GAAP. They also assist and support the local accounting & payroll provider acting as a key business partner to the Finance Manager and others within the finance team. There is an option for this role to be part-time if required.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
• Manage the month - end process and ensure proper reconciliation of all general ledger accounts and integrity of the financial statements
• Support the team in other areas of bookkeeping
• Prepare a monthly supporting package to company's third party accounting & payroll provider
• Responsible for monthly payments process
• Manage AP and AR monthly process assisting local accounting and finance team
• Manage intercompany transactions between corporate and foreign entities and ensure proper consolidation and eliminations of these transactions
• Oversee monthly governmental authorities report including ITA, National Insurance and VAT
• Assist with audit support as necessary
• Participate in special projects as needed
• Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time
• Experience as a bookkeeper
• Experience in global companies
• Certified Bookkeeper - type 3 (or similar)
• Strong knowledge of payroll regulation in Israel
• Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook (or similar)
• Learning agility and willing to grow within the organization
• Strong attention to details and ability to multitask
• Integrity, honesty and loyalty
• Ability to communicate and work well with others
• Experience with SAP Systems (or similar)
• Experience with HFM Systems (or similar)
• Experience in a media organisation
• A love of music is highly beneficial
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.