Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is the centralized U.S. catalog entity for the Universal Music Group. Working closely in concert with all of the company’s record labels, UMe provides a frontline approach to catalog management, a greater emphasis on strategic marketing initiatives and opportunities in new and emerging technologies. We manage a diverse and expansive catalog spanning the entire history of recorded music and nearly every genre of music from such renowned record labels as Capitol, Interscope, Def Jam, Geffen, A&M, Motown, Island, and Virgin. The UMe catalog roster includes many of the most iconic and legendary artists of all time, including The Beatles, Bob Marley, The Rolling Stones, Eminem, Stevie Wonder, Nirvana, and Kanye West.
UMe is seeking a passionate music enthusiast to join our Catalog A&R team as an A&R Coordinator. This role is based in Santa Monica, CA.
How you’ll CREATE:
Support the Catalog A&R Department via a variety of tasks, functions and workflows, including but not limited to:
• A&R research, report generation, and document/database maintenance
• Identify repertoire and assist with audio & video archive research, asset digitization and review
• Create new release notifications in collaboration with A&R Producers to initiate projects
• Coordinate streaming playlist creation and maintenance
• Assist with weekly video release schedule tasks
• Coordinate/manage departmental workflows, including test pressing shipping & approvals, tape transfers and the movement/uploading of assets
• Assist with the quality control of audio & video products
• Assist with various seasonal campaigns and special projects
• Provide overall departmental assistance
Bring your VIBE:
• Ability to successfully multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure & deadlines in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
• Excellent communication and organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
• General knowledge of catalog music industry & recording methods and technology, and a passion for music and emerging media
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and to identify potential issues and successfully problem solve with business deliverables in mind
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT) and high aptitude for learning new software programs
• Relevant internship or equivalent prior coordinator experience (within the music industry a plus)
• Bachelor’s degree required in music, marketing, communication, business, or related major.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.