Cross-Platform Production Assistant, CNN
This was removed by the employer on 7/26/2021 3:55:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Cross-Platform Production Assistant, CNN jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Cross-Platform Production Assistant, CNN postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Cross-Platform Production Assistant, CNN?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
This is our storyWe are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN . With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN , a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
WarnerMedia seeks a Cross-Platform Production Assistant for the Production Operations department. As a member of Production Services, you will contribute to creating a great work environment where you can grow in your career and be part of a high performing team that delivers quality journalism for CNN worldwide. The Production Services Cross Platform Production Assistant is on the front lines of logging, identifying, and producing sound while adhering to the highest editorial & journalistic standards.
• The Cross Platform Production Assistant will view video and create descriptive narratives of visuals and sound that result in shot sheets or transcripts for key video assets.
• You will collaborate with senior Image Sound staff to help prioritize content for all CNN's platforms.
• You will support CNN's television and digital platforms daily.
• You will often be the first set of eyes and ears on critical new elements.
• The CP PA will have the opportunity to gain and demonstrate sound editorial judgment in their daily responsibilities.
• You will have the chance to participate in growth and development opportunities.
• You will have a front row seat to the biggest news stories in our time.
• Supporting daily production across all CNN's platforms.
• Log key news events.
• Monitor video assets and provide accurate logs, shot-sheets, and transcripts.
• Locate and enter essential metadata fields for the production and preservation of key video.
• Communicate with producers, newsgathering leaders, field producer, reporters and others to help identify on relevant information about the video you will log.
• Identify people, places, and technical quality.
• Learning about top news stories and learning from seasoned professionals, to help you advance your career.
• Agility in work environment. The Image Sound Cross Platform Production Assistant may at times work in an open workspace environment, or remotely via a company provided laptop. Image Sound follows CDC recommendations as they relate to workspace environments. As recommendations change, the work environment may also change.
• High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred: (typically in liberal arts such as journalism, English, political science) or similar demonstrated on the job experience.
• A strong curiosity for current and historic events
• A motivation to grow and adapt to a rapidly changing business
• Typing skills (You must average 38-45 words per minute)
• Command of the English language.
• Ability to understand a variety of accents
• Willingness to stay focused for long periods of time while working in a noisy fast-paced newsroom environment
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.