Summer Intern - A&R / Executive Team
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Intern, A&R/Executive Team [Summer 2020]
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after A&R/Executive team at Warner Records.
A little bit about our team:
Unlike many traditional internship programs, Warner Music Group gives students the unique opportunity to work with Warner Records CEO, Aaron Bay-Schuck and his Coordinator, Jackie Barrie. As part of a small team, your role is vital to the success and flow of day-to-day projects. The team is focused on creating a more A&R centric environment, which will be your overall goal during the program and learning the administrative tasks of what goes into operating the office of the company's CEO.
Why this could be your next big break:
WMG provides Associates the special opportunity to work alongside some of the most influential players in the industry. Behind the well-known faces that make up the Warner Records artist roster, there is a vibrant and engaged team that you have the opportunity to be a part of. The Warner Records environment is unique as it encourages innovation, collaboration, and connection through all levels of the business. Here you will be engulfed in the high-energy environment that discovers, signs, and develops some of the biggest names in music.
Here you'll get to:
• You will engage with daily tasks and projects to assist Warner Records CEO, Aaron Bay-Schuck and his Coordinator, Jackie Barrie.
• You will work closely with Warner Records executives.
• You will research and present undiscovered artists to your team.
• You will learn how to coordinate artist and executive scheduling.
• You will follow and record industry charts.
• You will provide assistance during WMG and Warner Records events.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• You have a deep curiosity to learn the structures and key players of the business.
• You have the ability to work in a fast paced, constantly moving environment.
• You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• You have excellent organizational and management skills.
• You have the ability to commit to 25 hours per week.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• You have had previous music industry experience or knowledge.
• You have had previous leadership experience.
• You are a Junior or Senior at an accredited college or university pursuing an Associate's, Bachelor's, or Graduate Degree.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.
Our internship experience at WMG:
Warner Music Group is looking for ambitious students and recent graduates with a genuine interest in the music industry and a curiosity to learn about our business. We pride ourselves on providing in-depth, dynamic, and challenging experiences while keeping it fun and having a good time. At Warner, our interns have a voice that is heard and valued. Each day offers a chance to learn a new skill, meet with a different department, and contribute to Warner's global success.
Internships at Warner are paid opportunities designed to provide students with real-world experience working with the most passionate and innovative people in the music industry. Our summer internships will last for 15 weeks and start at the end of May.
You can expect the following application timeline:
December 2019 – Mid-January 2020: Application Review
Mid-January 2020 - March 2020: Interviews
February 2020 - April 2020: Offer stage