Warner Bros.London, UK
Full Time Job
VFX Artist (All-Levels)
Location: United Kingdom - London
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Rocksteady Studios is a member of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family, and the developer of the award-winning Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time. We're a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values.
We are looking for a great VFX artist to join our caring and collaborative VFX team on a short-term basis in creating amazing visual effects to work on our upcoming title Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League.
Our VFX team consists of various backgrounds whom all share a true passion for realtime game development and VFX.
We are looking for someone who enjoys working with realtime game engines, 3D programs, node-based workflows, in-game vfx tools to create a diversity of outstanding gameplay VFX.
You have a solid grasp of art fundamentals, colour, shape, visual storytelling through VFX, animation and other aspects of VFX creation. These are essential.
You enjoy working with node based shaders, particle systems, 3D geometry for vfx and creating bespoke VFX textures. The word Ribbons give you a mixed reaction of enthusiasm and fear. You're generally excited about proceduralism.
Most of all, you enjoy creating VFX!!!!
• Work closely with VFX leads to ensure timely completion of amazing VFX.
• Conceptualise and create high quality assets consistent with the established VFX art direction.
• Collaborate and communicate with design, code and animation teams.
• Technical knowledge to implement and troubleshoot VFX for Gameplay.
• Solid knowledge and experience consistently creating great real-time vfx using game engines (Unreal 4).
• Strong artistic knowledge and skillset.
• Ability to work well and communicate within a team.
• Ability to give and receive feedback and know how to navigate this in a positive fashion to improve VFX.
• Passion for video games.
• Experience with Unreal Engine 4.
• Knowledge of procedural programs such as Houdini and Substance Designer.
• Technical skills such as experience with Blueprints and building complex materials.
• Previous game production experience.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands