Senior Graphics Engineer
Warner Bros.Remote, US
This was removed by the employer on 3/21/2022 9:06:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Graphics Engineer jobs in Remote-US
Search all Senior Graphics Engineer postings
Full Time Job
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WB Games San Diego is creating the next generation of high quality, cross-platform games that bring iconic and beloved characters to life. Join our growing team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of a dynamic new studio as we strive to make an impact on the future of AAA free-to-play games.
WB Games San Diego is seeking a Senior Graphics Engineer to join our growing team of talented industry veterans.
This person will work closely with the project engineering, art leads to develop high-quality game features for AAA games for Next Generation platforms. They must demonstrate high competency for graphics rendering and a true passion for game development.
The ideal candidate is hard-working, hands-on, self-motivated, process-driven, and customer-oriented. This individual has a passion for developing software applications using a variety of technologies.
What part will you play?
• Help architect, write and review gameplay features and tools
• Works closely with engineering leadership to plan and write high-quality performant code
• Collaborate with the art team to create optimal, high quality, and high performant visuals
• Perform peer code reviews and champion a high standard of code excellence
• Build on the culture of inclusivity and growth through coaching, career management, and mentorship of associate and staff engineers
• Assess new market trends, features, technologies, and emerging techniques to stay competitive
• Work closely with production to manage development schedules, bug tracking, studio initiatives, and overall team health and morale
What do we need from you?
• Minimum 5 years of industry experience working as a software engineer
• Experience on at least two successfully-published game titles or equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
• Experience with the Unreal Engine Rendering Engine & Graphics pipeline
• Fully Proficient in 3d Math (Linear Algebra, Vector/Matrix Math, Quaternions, etc.)
• Solid understanding of C (Templates, OO Design, Exception Handling, Multithreading, etc.)
• In-depth Experience with Real-Time Rendering Technologies & API's (OpenGL/DirectX)
• Experience writing Graphic Shaders (HLSL, Cg, DirectX.)
• Exceptional understanding of all game development disciplines and their inputs into the content pipeline
• Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
• Clear, concise, and transparent communicator - both written and verbal
• Be a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives
• Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally
• A passion for video games
Good to have
• Knowledge of the iOS & Android SDKs, performance tools, and optimization techniques
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge working with git
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.