Manager, Food Services Operations
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/28/2021 1:55:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Manager, Food Services Operations jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Manager, Food Services Operations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Food Services Operations?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Warner Bros. Studio Operations (WBSO) oversees the physical operations of the historic 110-acre main lot in Burbank including its 30 soundstages and 20-acre backlot, as well as production-related services including costume, set-dressing, construction, set lighting, catering, transportation, photography and much more. The production site also hosts tours for consumers offering guests intimate views at the inner workings of thriving entertainment studios.
Warner Bros. Studio Operations, a division of WB Studio Enterprises Inc. seeks a Food Services Operations Manager for the Food Services department.
Functions as the operational leader of the Warner Bros. Food Services department, which includes Production Catering; and The Commissary, consisting of the Café, Roadrunner Catering & Delivery, the Fine Dining Room, and the Avon Grill. Position manages the staff and operations of the department to meet the goals, objectives, and high standards of the Studio. These include great food, great customer service (external/internal), and the achievement of financial targets.
• DAY TO DAY OPERATIONS: Direct oversight of the Food Services operation. Responsibilities include a hands-on leadership approach to ensure that the high standards of Warner Bros. are met daily. These include supervising management and staff, floor supervision, event planning, enforcing work rules, hiring, attending and calling meetings, communicating effectively, facilitating the repairs & maintenance of food services equipment, ensuring a safe, healthy and clean food services environment, set retail pricing, creating and approving work schedules and payroll.
• PERSONNEL: Responsible for the assignment and supervision of personnel, makes hiring recommendations, reviews performance and directs as needed; Approves weekly time and attendance, maintains a solid working knowledge of the labor agreements and assists with disciplinary issues and conflicts in coordination with the Department head, Labor Relations and Human Resources. Works to resolve situations and provide open communication vehicles.
• BUDGET/FINANCE: Develop, implement, and manage the department's budget; continually analyze, forecast, monitor, and control the cost of sales and overhead. Achieve this through proper planning, adjusting to an everchanging production schedule and working with 3rd party suppliers when necessary.
• TRAINING: Works closely with the executive chef on developing staff, using Standard Operating Procedures, self-audits and training on skill set, safety, and security.
• PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Works with other Warner Bros. departments to manage new projects that support the objectives of WBSO.
• Previous food services and/or food & beverage management experience required
• 5-7years management experience in a food and beverage operation, with an emphasis in food knowledge and hospitality.
• 2 or 4 year degree from an accredited university in Food Services Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 5 years' experience in the food and beverage, culinary or related professional area.
• Culinary skills that include the involvement with kitchen management
• Solid communication, verbal and written, people and organization skills.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook knowledge of other PC based applications preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
• Proven ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Solid retail analytical skills.
• Strong customer service skills with dedication to great service.
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and personnel.
• Must be proactive and capable of assuming additional responsibility as necessary.
• Must be able to have own vehicle to transport self to venue sites.
• Spanish is not required, but preferred.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.