Vice President Business and Legal Affairs, Awesomenesstv
This was removed by the employer on 9/26/2019 4:55:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Vice President Business and Legal Affairs, Awesomenesstv jobs in Hollywood-CA
Search all Vice President Business and Legal Affairs, Awesomenesstv postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President Business and Legal Affairs, Awesomenesstv?
Full Time Job
The Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs for AwesomenessTV will provide day-to-day business and legal affairs services for AwesomenessTV, with a focus on original development and production. This person will be expected to be an operational leader on high-level deals and projects and handle a heavy volume of development and production matters in connection with the production of original scripted television programming, principally for AwesomenessTV’s studio business.
AwesomenessTV’s business and legal affairs department handles development and production work for scripted and unscripted long- and short-form programming and works closely with the AwesomenessTV’s Development and Production Management teams as well as many other departments at AwesomenessTV and across Viacom Media Networks (including Talent, Music & Media Licensing, Labor & Employment, Risk Management, Production Content Review, Intellectual Property & Litigation, Brand Marketing, Communications and Publicity, Content Distribution and Accounting/Finance).
• Primary duties will include structuring, drafting and negotiating complex development and production agreements (e.g., development, executive producer, producer, writer, director, production services, and talent agreements, format licenses, rights acquisitions, etc.)
• Performing and/or supervising day-to-day legal production work for series and specials, and advising and consulting with clients regarding production-related legal matters (including guild, union and other employment law issues)
• Developing and supervising creation of deal structures, parameters and templates and forms
• Participating in and contributing to strategic deal discussions and researching relevant business and legal issues, providing complex risk assessment for production-related matters and advising and communicating with various other departments across Viacom Media Networks regarding exploitation of original programming across all media platforms
• Counseling the client groups on a wide variety of other legal matters, including guild/union and labor issues, intellectual property rights, off-channel marketing and promotions, insurance, product integrations and music issues
• Working effectively with third party network business and legal affairs counterparts for studio productions
• Performing other day-to-day business and legal affairs-related duties
• Maintaining relationships with key managers, agencies and attorneys in the entertainment community
• Member in good standing of the New York and/or California Bar(s) with at least 10 years of relevant experience (ideally with a minimum of 8 years of business/legal affairs experience in a network, studio, entertainment law firm or production company environment)
• Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and computer skills
• Thorough understanding of entertainment industry customs and practices with the demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and interact with agents, managers and outside attorneys
• Comprehensive working knowledge of television industry agreements, guild and union regulations (WGA, DGA and SAG-AFTRA), contract law and intellectual property rights (as applicable to the entertainment industry) is required, along with demonstrated capability for legal research, analysis and reasoning
• Must be able to multi-task under pressure, manage a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly and operate autonomously within corporate parameters
• Must be able to build strong internal client relationships, effectively advise senior-level executives under conditions of uncertainty, high-pressure and/or high-risk and generate strong client satisfaction through strategic thinking and firm decision-making
• Candidates should ideally have management experience as the role will supervise junior executives
• The ideal candidate will be collaborative, positive and team-oriented