Manager. Rights System Reporting
Viacom International Media NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/6/2019 3:54:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager. Rights System Reporting jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager. Rights System Reporting postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager. Rights System Reporting? Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, BET and more. Viacom brands reach more than 3.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 180 countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.
Overview and Responsibilities
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling entertainment content (including television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, games, consumer products, podcasts, live events and social media experiences) for audiences in 183 countries. Viacom's media networks, including Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., MTV, BET, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, VH1, TV Land, CMT, Logo, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe (Argentina), Colors (India) and Paramount Channel, reach approximately 4.3 billion cumulative television subscribers worldwide.
The Global Rights Out Management Team (part of VIMN Business Affairs / Legal Affairs [BALA]) is a critical service department at Viacom. Our team provides linear and non-linear availability and sales reports for global groups, as well as responds to specific requests regarding exploitation rights, obligations, and restrictions for various programming.
Do you love working on a deadline driven team? Do you have business analysis (BA) experience? Do you enjoy providing solutions that could impact an organization? If so, this Rights System Reporting Manager position could be the role for you!
We are seeking a Reporting Manager to join our Team. This position will be responsible for all aspects of Sales and Availability Reporting from Viacom’s Rights Management System (RMS) and will work with internal and external support staff, including the RMS vendor. Part of the role will involve training new users on the reports, documenting new system requirements, logging defects and testing defect fixes
• Execute sales availability reports and review results prior to distribution to the client groups
• Document business requirements for new reports or database enhancements
• Test, document and analyze reporting functionality to ensure accurate calculations of data, log defects and test system fixes
• Devise, implement and manage process and procedures around reporting (creating and maintaining manuals, and implementing processes for information requests)
• Function as an expert in reporting and serve as the “go-to person” for training of other staff, answering questions and resolving any issues
• Prepare progress reports and presentations to deliver to Senior Management
• Analyse and enter different types of contracts and contractual terms into the RMS system for reporting purposes
• Work with US-based Rights In team, International and US Legal, Business and support teams to coordinate and progress Viacom’s systematic rights management reporting goals
• College degree
• 3 years rights analysis and/or contract and rights management system experience
• Great teammate who is flexible, can multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
• Excellent communication, administrative, analytical and organizational skills
• Computer and database literate (Microsoft Office, eDocs, RightsLogic Media (RMS) or equivalent)
• Detail oriented, with the ability to manage and prioritize simultaneous responsibilities
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with internal personnel and external contacts
• Familiarity with UAT system testing and logging defects
• Proven ability to work in a demanding environment, across time zones
• Ability to communicate priorities and needs internally as well as externally
• Client-first attitude and ability to be service oriented
• Desire and willingness to learn new skills
• Self-motivated with a positive professional attitude
• Entertainment Industry experience preferred
#CJ-LI1 This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.