Video Producer / Editor
VarietyLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/28/2023 9:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Content Creator Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Search for Video Producer / Editor jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Video Producer / Editor postings
Full Time Job
Variety Magazine is seeking a Video Producer/Editor to work across various series and live events. This multifaceted video staffer will be creating and executing videos on tight turnarounds, shooting content in field in the US and abroad, as needed, and coordinating with team leads to facilitate shoots across different departments within the magazine. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family.
This Producer/Editor should be comfortable working in an extremely fast-paced environment and be passionate about entertainment news. A comprehensive understanding of video content & social media strategies, and shooting original video, virtually or in our studios & on-site, will be needed for the day-to-day. In this role the Video Producer/Editor will help grow our video footprint in the digital space by quickly editing videos, creating and/or manipulating custom graphics, and packaging content into short form pieces. Fluency in social/video platforms such as YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, and Facebook are essential.
The ideal candidate must have entertainment news experience with a track record of shooting and editing original, high production value video. We aim to create content that engages our audience across our variety of brands and a multitude of platforms. This role reports to the Executive Producer of Editorial and is based in Los Angeles.
• Shoot and edit video for the web - .com, YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, etc.
• Work with our video team and various brand leaders to fill the growing demand for video content surrounding events, award ceremonies, and more
• Write, shoot and edit high quality video that suits the needs of the brand
• Perform much of the post-production process for edits, including importing and organizing media, editing footage and sound files, color correction/grading, adding music and voice-overs, and archiving media
• Manage on-location shoots, sets, and crews in the US or abroad
• Manage multiple productions and ensure on-time delivery
• Record and edit weekly podcasts (video and audio).
• 5 years of experience working on a video team for online media
• Experience with news content for video
• Experience creating and managing the production of premium digital video
• Background in and strong understanding of entertainment, news, fashion or similarly related digital consumer media
• Traveling to location within the US or abroad and coordinating shoots
• Thorough and current understanding of video distribution in a fast-paced environment
• Fluency in core video social platforms; proficiency with YouTube’s CMS, best practices a plus
• Ability to work efficiently across multiple events, platforms, and stakeholders
• A track record of coming up with solutions for logistical challenges
• Fluency with the Adobe Video Suite, Premiere is a must, Photoshop/Illustrator are a plus, After Effects is a big plus
• Familiarity with Canon, Sony, Black Magic digital cinema, DSLR and mirrorless cameras
Typical wage range: $70k - $80k. Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits.
PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
Variety is the seminal voice in the entertainment industry. After 117 years of award-winning breaking news reporting, insightful award-season coverage, must-read feature spotlights, and intelligent analysis of the industry’s most prominent players, Variety is the most trusted source for the business of global entertainment. Read by a highly engaged audience of industry insiders, aspirants and passionate entertainment enthusiasts, Variety’s multi-platform content coverage expands across digital, mobile, social, print, podcasts, branded content, events, and summits.
In May 2019, Variety’s “Actors on Actors” on PBS took home a Daytime Creative Arts Emmy award and has been awarded the Emmy for best entertainment programming at the 67th and 68th Emmy Awards. “Actors on Actors,” an interview special that features pairings of prominent actors discussing their craft, was produced by PBS SoCal in partnership with Variety Media, LLC. Follow Variety on Facebook facebook.com/variety; Twitter, @variety; Instagram, @Variety The Variety Group – Variety, Variety.com, Variety Insight, Indiewire,– is owned by Variety Media, LLC, a division of Penske Media Corporation.
About Penske Media Corporation:
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of over 300 million globally. Since 2004, PMC has been a pioneer in digital media, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands. PMC is committed to fostering a working environment that is inclusive, diverse, and responsible. We value a work culture built on all backgrounds, voices, and experiences. Our greatest wins have stemmed from collaboration, teamwork, and information sharing across our company and brands. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, Life is Beautiful, Latin Music Week and ATX Television Festival. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. For more information on the company, please visit www.PMC.com