Workday Technical Architect
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
What Bandmember Are You?
• Solution Planning - including solution, scope, estimates, assumptions, and risks.
• Responsible for overall Workday configuration, security, integrations architecture and development and will assist with implementing new features and functionalities that get released by Workday as required.
• Collaborates with other IT stakeholders and will own the technical development and support activities configured in Workday.
• Drive data integrity between systems including developing new audits to capture data errors and ensure check and balance is operational across systems.
• Continuously researches new capability areas within Workday, work with functional SME's to vet against current business gaps and how the gaps can be remediated.
• Performs Workday technical system activities - business process configuration; security fundamentals, calculated fields, report writer, integrations, EIBs.
• Technical expert on Workday Payroll, Advanced Compensation, Core Compensation, Absence Management, Core HR, Recruiting, Time &Talent.
• Work directly with HR and IT stakeholders to confirm requirements, identify gaps and risks, suggest alternatives, advise on best practices, facilitate discussions and ultimately drive requirements to sign-off.
• Develop and implement scalable, flexible solutions that are extensible to future business needs in areas of HCM, Comp, Advanced Comp, Security, Payroll, Time, & Absence Management
How You Will Rock Your Role
• Deep understanding of architectural concepts, issues, and trends in the HR solutions area covering HIRE TO RETIRE business capabilities.
• Thorough understanding of software development life cycles, development and technology tools, testing methodologies, and requirements gathering.
• Expertise in the full range of Workday proprietary tools (Report Writer, Calculated Fields, EIB, Workday Studio, BP Config)
• Expertise in the Workday modules (Core HCM, Recruiting, Compensation, Advanced Compensation, Payroll, Talent Management, Benefits, Absence Management, Time Tracking, Security)
• Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem resolution skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must exhibit a strong process management and business orientation skills.
• Must be a team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus.
• Requires 7 years of experience in IT with a minimum of 4 years' experience implementing HR technologies (specifically Workday). At least 2 full cycle workday implementations preferred.
• 2 years of deep Workday data model and security experience
• Workday Certification is preferred
• B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, HR-related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
What’s In It For You?
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.