Workday System Support Analyst
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Workday System Support Analyst
Department: Human Resources
Location of work: King's Cross, London
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
HRIS supports development and ongoing maintenance of multiple, complex global HR systems, including Workday. This team works directly with internal customers to answer questions, fulfill requests, troubleshoot and resolve system issues, provide recommendations, and manage system enhancements and updates. The Workday System Support Analyst will be responsible for the day-to-day run support of Workday. We are open for this position to be worked remotely and/or over flexible working hours.
The B Side: Skills & Experience Be technical
• Provide techno/functional support for Workday by managing ongoing configuration, design and maintenance alongside the UMG Workday system developer.
• Serve as subject matter expert alongside the UMG Workday system developer and effectively communicate system capabilities on Workday’s Human Capital Management and Absence Management.
• Perform system tests and audits for data accuracy, integrity, functionality, system releases, enhancements and fixes.
• Assists with development of new reports, metrics, queries and dashboards to support stakeholder needs.
• Assist in analyzing current processes and systems for overall effectiveness and recommend plans for continued process improvements and systems enhancements to support business strategies and operational needs.
• Review, analyze and create detailed documentation of business processes and systems functionality, including workflow, program functions and steps required to execute systems transactions/processes.
• Liaise between customers and third-party vendors for integration support when necessary.
• Understanding of Employee Life Cycle administration and HR business processes.
• Assess technology needs, develop and document business requirements and functional specifications, develop test conditions, conduct acceptance testing and implement solutions.
• Time management, organizational and interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail as well as follow through ability, strong analytical/problem-solving skills, and sound judgement.
• Ability to handle highly sensitive data with confidentiality and exercise appropriate judgment.
• Team-oriented attitude balanced with ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Experience working in cross functional groups, across multiple countries.
• Experience working with Workday.
• Proficient in MS Office (word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.)
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.