Workday Payroll Analyst
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
The Workday Payroll Analyst works in a shared services capacity and supports the HR Payroll team. The Workday Analyst will be responsible for the day-to-day payroll processing, tax configuration, benefit deductions, and regulatory compliance in addition to working directly with the company’s third-party payroll vendor. This role will require strong analytical skills and functional payroll knowledge.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Works with third-party providers (both UMG partners and client partners) to ensure accurate payroll results
• Responsible for peer review audits of manual work and providing necessary feedback.
• Identifies potential service delivery issues and provides input towards process improvement.
• Generates ad hoc reports by running and or writing queries and analyze for accuracy.
• Conducts/supports acceptance testing of ongoing processes as required
• Makes recommendations for system and/or process changes, as applicable
• Responsible for accurate and timely payroll processing, including payroll reconciliation, tax filing and reporting
• Assists with taxation of supplemental wages, stock options and fringe benefits
• Assists with reconciliation of tax filings including quarterly and year-end processes. This includes but is not limited to, annual audit requests and response to agency inquiries
• Calculate retro pay calculations, process wage garnishments, and employment verifications
• Assist with ongoing configuration, testing, and maintenance of the payroll system
• Assist with time keeping requirements and collaborates with HRSS for Workday configurations
• Performs system input review of all employee payroll related changes, including timekeeping system
• Review and validate weekly, biweekly, and semimonthly payroll processing
• Serves as back-up and support for Senior Payroll Manager and Time and Labor Administrator
• Researches and corrects issue(s) found during processing
• Processes involuntary terminations and produces off-cycle payments, as needed
• Verifies compliance with federal and state payroll requirements; stays current with changes in the law.
• Prepare and submit pay instructions to 3rd party payroll vendor
• Assumes additional duties and projects as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
• Minimum 2-3 years of relevant Workday experience
• In depth knowledge of core concepts such as employment taxes, benefit deductions, regulatory compliance, and pay calculations
• Strong Subject Matter Expert (SME) of Payroll.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications like Excel and Word.
• Skilled to work under tight deadlines managing multiple tasks.
• Strong understanding and exposure in executing on project methodology.
• Ability to identify and close gaps in processes and procedures
• Solid communication skills required
• Experience in Workday Time and Labor a plus
• Experience working with payroll / ERP systems (i.e. SAP, PeopleSoft, ADP)
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer