Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Welcome Host (French Speaker)
Responsible to: Property Services Manager
Department: Property Services
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
The A Side: A Day in The Life
The Property Services department looks after all building and facilities services of 4 Pancras Square, the new home of Universal Music. The building is occupied primarily by Universal Music Group, Vivendi and StudioCanal and our mission is to deliver a dynamic and innovative service that goes above and beyond to meet their needs.
We deliver a 5-star hotel service to staff and visitors alike, thinking in proactive and creative ways to drive value and service within a fun and creative environment.
The Welcome Host will be outgoing, professional and interested in joining a fun and collaborative team. Integrity, service delivery and teamwork are what drives us. The team has responsibility for UK property services and is working to become a recognized brand that strives to create new standards for the company globally.
4 Ps for 4PS:
People – Get to know our people. They’re the soul of the business
Professionalism – Know the business, act with integrity and be respectful to everyone
Presentation – Be the face of the business: friendly, helpful and welcoming
Passion – Bring enthusiasm, energy and, most of all, a sense of fun
The B Side: Skills & Experience
Be Passionate about Service
• Deliver a friendly and welcoming service for all staff and visitors when working at the Welcome Desk, Switchboard, Helpdesk and Postroom.
• Make all guests feel values and at home.
• Look after the reception space, ensuring it is immaculate throughout the entire day.
• Ensure all guests are greeted and made to feel welcome as soon as they walk into reception.
• Ensure all guests are looked after and reach their destination.
• Take ownership of large group arrivals for events or meetings, guaranteeing a smooth and welcoming experience.
• Ensure all groups have their passes ready made before arrival and check that required rooms are clear and ready for use.
• Answer all inquiries in a professional and friendly manner.
• Follow up systems and procedures.
• Log guests into our visitor management system.
• Take and transfer calls when required.
• Support the Project & Events Coordinator as required.
• Always be punctual for your shift and, in the event of any delay, inform your line manager.
• Use the different software as instructed.
• Make sure the reception furniture is in the right position and report any issues to the Property Services helpdesk.
• Ensure your diary is kept up to date when covering colleagues.
• Support the Property Service Management as required.
• Carry out administrative works and work with the team to deliver best service.
• Cover reception shifts when required.
• Cover Switchboard shifts when required.
• Cover Postroom shifts when required.
• Cover Helpdesk shifts when required.
• Providing administrative support as needed including minute taking.
• Liaise with all services including cleaning, security, catering when required.
• Ensure reception is always adequately covered during lunchbreaks and busy periods.
• Ensure holidays are booked in a timely manner and adequate cover is in place.
• Provide support and cover for the Studiocanal reception.
• Fluency in French.
• Strive for excellence.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
• French would be desirable as a skill.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Knowledge file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email.