Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 5/9/2023 4:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for VP, Streaming jobs in New York-NY
Search all VP, Streaming postings
Full Time Job
The Verve Label Group (VLG), a division of Universal Music Group based in New York City, comprises some of the greatest label imprints including Verve Records, Verve Forecast, Impulse!, Decca Records US, Decca Classics, and Deutsche Grammophon among others. VLG's current roster includes Samara Joy, Max Richter, Jon Batiste, Diana Krall, Ludovico Einaudi, Tank and the Bangas, Kurt Vile, Blake Mills, Shabaka Hutchings, Madison Cunningham and many more.
How we LEAD:
Verve Label Group is seeking a VP of Streaming. Reporting into the Chief Revenue Officer, this person will work closely with the music industry's larger digital service providers, VLG's Executive, Marketing, Analytics and A&R teams as well as UMG's Central Team to continue to drive growth in streaming revenue at the partner level. Candidates must be motivated self-starters, dynamic ''hunters' with the intent of creating relationships at all levels of their respective digital partners. The positions focus will be acquiring the best merchandising on-platform for the project as well as garnering all appropriate playlisting associated with the projects focus tracks.
How you'll CREATE:
• Establish and maintain relationships both within VLG/UMG and with all external digital service providers.
• Drive new opportunities within the music streaming space, including effective pitching to partners, appropriate playlists for tracks to be pitched to, streaming projections and negotiating deals with partners.
• Collaborate with, and manage input from, various internal departments to ensure the best plan/strategy is in place for priority projects.
• Work with partner leads to insure widespread awareness of priority projects across all marketing and editorial teams.
• Define goals, objectives and playlisting strategies on priorities with internal teams.
• Effectively manage communication between departments as well as the Executive Team.
• Work closely with the Analytics Team to develop streaming projections, playlist homes and a weekly performance of albums/tracks.
• Occasional business travel to attend partner meetings, shows, etc.
• Lead the entire company on the implementation of streaming best practices.
• Attending shows for priority artists.
Bring your VIBE:
• 7+ years in the music industry and preferred 2+ years working directly with the large DSP's.
• Deep understanding of the streaming platforms including Spotify, Apple, Amazon, Pandora, etc.
• Knowledge and ability to effectively communicate Jazz, Classical, Alternative and Folk/Americana music genres.
• Excellent communicator, negotiator and presenter of VLG priority projects.
• Exceptional organizations, time management and prioritization skills with a desire to over-achieve on results and deadlines.
• The ability to work well with others both within the label and with external partners.
• Strong executive presence with effective communication, presentation and management skills.
• Superior technical skill set.
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
Job Category:Marketing, Streaming & Digital Media
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.