Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
The Vice President, Revenue will initiate, execute and manage revenue opportunities across IGA and commercial partners. This position will interface with commercial partners and interact with various internal departments such as A&R, marketing, publicity, production, radio promotion and UMG Commercial Services. The Vice President, Revenue will seek to create and expand opportunities that include, but are not limited to playlisting, channel marketing, physical and digital initiatives. There will be heavy emphasis on data analysis and the application of analytical results to create and drive revenue opportunities internally and externally. The Vice President, Revenue will also be responsible for leading a team of direct reports to ensure their alignment on achieving goals. The Vice President, Revenue reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
• Create and execute channel marketing/revenue opportunities across all applicable commercial partners.
• Analyze P&L’s associated with data, strategies, and implement potential new revenue opportunities
• In conjunction with Finance team, oversee and manage budgets
• Maintain strong relationships and liaise with internal departments such as A&R, marketing, production, publicity, radio promotion and Commercial Services
• Be involved with activities that support various department heads within the label
• Interact with all label sales and marketing strategic initiatives for all releases
• Ability to strategically plan releases in conjunction
• Analyze, communicate, and leverage playlisting ideas, trends, successes, opportunities, best practices to IGA
• Build and maintain excellent relationships with the Top 10 commercial partners focused on revenue building (Spotify, YouTube, etc.)
• Manage physical release priorities including timing, volume and delivering accurate projections.
• Accurately maintain relationship with physical retail partners
• Special focus on partnership with movie studios and soundtrack releases
• Ability to operate in a highly collaborative manner and work in pressure situations
• Team player
• Strong understanding of data analysis and application of results
• Strong business acumen and results-oriented
• Strong leadership ability, overseeing a team of four (4) account directors and three (3) coordinators
• Proven ability to select, onboard and develop talent
• Sales and budgeting experience and knowledge, with strong understanding of P&L’s
• Proven knowledge of sales and marketing strategies and concepts
• Proven leadership and management experience and success
• Excellent negotiating and people skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Excellent communication and relationship skills
• General knowledge and experience with music industry information systems (SoundScan, etc.)
• Strong hands-on streaming experience with major accounts (Amazon, Apple, Pandora, Spotify and YouTube), at least 3 years
• BA degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.