Video Rights Manager
Universal Music GroupEncino, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/8/2022 11:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Video Rights Manager jobs in Encino-CA
Search all Video Rights Manager postings
Full Time Job
At Ingrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today's dynamic music marketplace by providing the best distribution, marketing, and rights management tools and services to content creators and owners. We develop state-of-the-art, cost-efficient, and scalable technology platforms. Our partners benefit from our experienced, knowledgeable people, unparalleled commitment to customer service, and thoughtful marketing solutions that drive results. We aspire to be the most transparent and solution-driven partner for all of the labels and artists we work with.
The position of Video Rights Manager is primarily responsible for maintaining Ingrooves' content within YouTube's Content Management System, and for insuring Ingrooves complies with the SRAV standing that YouTube has set. Although this role is US based, this position will liaise with counterparts around the world to execute their duties. The candidate must be diligent about managing tasks and timelines daily and must be comfortable setting their own schedule to achieve success. The candidate thrives on investigating details and never tires of problem-solving. They have extraordinary patience and the willingness to educate internal and external stakeholders on the nuances of rights management, optimization and strategy. This role will also assist with Ingrooves' Facebook rights management duties, and other UGC platforms.
The Video Rights Manager reports to the Director, Video Strategy.
How you'll CREATE:
• Point person for Ingrooves' rights management efforts with YouTube such as Disputes/Appeals, Reference Overlaps, Ownership Transfer Requests, and other tasks that impact the company's SRAV standing with YouTube
• Manage day-to-day relationships with our contracted companies (Orfium, Rotor, TubeBuddy, etc.) and the roles they play with respect to how they benefit our label partners in various ways, as well as reporting and invoicing from these contractors
• Manage day-to-day rights management and To-Do queues tasks
• Perform quality control (QC) for Network channel onboarding and catalog migration asset health/rights management alongside Video Services Manager
• Monitor and resolve priority ownership conflicts with label partners
• Liaise with respective Video Territory Managers on ownership conflicts for labels within their purviews
• Manage queues within the CMS with respective Video Territory Managers and other necessary departments
• Assist with rights management for Meta, including managing disputes and manual reviews, as well as rights management duties on other UGC and fingerprinting platforms
• Provide additional focus for emerging markets including Latin America
Bring your VIBE:
• YouTube Music Certification, and at least 2 of the 3 YouTube Certifications (Channel Growth, Content Ownership or Asset Monetization)
• Collaborative, resourceful, positive, and organized
• Exceptional communication skills including public speaking, writing and presentation skills
• Understanding of digital entertainment marketplace, industry trends, competitive landscape, differences among markets
• Understanding of UGC-based and fingerprinting platforms, and their roles within the music ecosystem
• Bilingual a plus
• A passion for all kinds of music, and passion for discovering what moves people to listen
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week ''Winter Break'' & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.