Vice President, Publicity
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/1/2022 11:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Publicity/PR Category
Search for Vice President, Publicity jobs in New York-NY
Search all Vice President, Publicity postings
Full Time Job
Vice President, Publicity (Must Have Music Industry Experience)
Verve Label Group is comprised of some of the greatest label partner imprints in jazz, classical, and beyond including Decca Records, Decca Classics, Deutsche Grammophon, ECM, Impulse!, Verve Records, and Verve Forecast, among others. VLG’s current roster includes Jon Batiste, Max Richter, Cynthia Erivo, Ólafur Arnalds, Tank and the Bangas, Andrea Bocelli, Shabaka Hutchings, Madison Cunningham, and many more.
How we LEAD:
We are currently seeking a Vice President of Publicity to join Verve Label Group’s team. This role will work to guide public relations and communications focusing on internal and external strategy for the company, our artists and partners. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, management, organizational and writing skills along with media relationships across entertainment and business press. Prior communications or public relations experience a must.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Lead communications and public relations strategy and execution for Verve Label Group and our roster of artists and partners.
• Build and maintain key media relationships for the company and keep informed of all current industry news.
• Work with artist and partner teams to support their campaigns globally.
• Prioritize media opportunities and create assets including press releases, internal communication and other supporting materials.
• Work across UMG’s communications ecosystem.
• Manage PR agency support for artist and partners.
• Work to find new opportunities to elevate the company’s profile through artist campaigns and initiatives, special projects and events.
• Have strong strategic storytelling skills.
• Be able to work across multiple genres and disciplines.
Bring your VIBE:
• 7 years’ experience working in music public relations
• Undergraduate degree in Communications/Marketing, related field, or equivalent professional experience
• Excellent understanding of the global music landscape and passion for music
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills with a proven and established PR network including high level contacts at all business and music-relevant print publications, influential blogs, sites and television show booker.
• Excellent organization, planning and priority setting skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to lead a team.
• Ability to manage a large number of different projects simultaneously while working to strict deadlines & maintaining a high standard of attention to detail.
• Ability to travel and attend evening concerts/events during the week/weekends as needed.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones)
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.