Vice President, Human Resources, Employee Relations
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/10/2021 8:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Vice President, Human Resources, Employee Relations jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Vice President, Human Resources, Employee Relations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President, Human Resources, Employee Relations? Description
How we LEAD:
As the Vice President, Human Resources, Employee Relations, you will provide thought leadership and employee relations expertise to ensure a positive, ethical and inclusive workplace environment as well as roll up your sleeves to lead, advise and tackle investigations. The position partners closely with the in-house employment legal team, and external employment law counsel as well as HR Business Partners in driving consistent ER process across the organization while minimizing risk and ensuring a positive workplace environment. You will be focused on the proactive (education and prevention) and the reactive (investigations). You will be responsible for providing expert level consultation, guidance and support in all matters related to employee relations and labor relations.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Guide and drive strategies to resolve difficult and/or sensitive workplace matters
• Act as a central, objective resource for employees and management, providing coaching and guidance on internal investigations related to discrimination claims, claims of harassment, policy violations and other reported issues. Conduct investigations as applicable.
• Programmatic co-ownership (with legal) of anonymous reporting tool for workplace issues
• Provide oversight and guidance for HR Business Partners on reorganizations and sensitive separations.
• Develop and provide training to HR Business Partners and managers regarding employee relations issues, external/internal trends, reorgs, etc.
• Advise on employment practices aimed at driving a consistent employee experience while supporting the client i.e.: Human Resources Business Partner
• Partner with and support the UMG Legal team with ER matters
• Develop and drive consistent tools and process related to Employee Relations
• Proactive training to employees, managers and HR-focused on prevention of workplace issues
• Central development and application of employment practices, including LOA and workplace accommodations
• Primary partner to legal and the business for limited union contract negotiations, serves as the subject matter expert around union contract interpretation.
• Primary liaison with legal
• Partners closely with the compliance team regarding marketing and communication strategy to encourage employees to speak up.
Bring your VIBE:
• 10 years of expertise in ER, labor relations, conflict resolution and direct experience leading complex investigations at all levels, including executive.
• Understanding of, and experience with, core aspects of Human Resource Management (staffing; compensation, performance management; leadership development; coaching and training; org design and effectiveness)
• Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items
• Ability to execute and excel in a flexible organization, comfortable working in ambiguous business situations and advising accordingly
• Must possess consultative style and approach with proven ability to develop credible relationships
• Proactive problem solver with a service provider approach
• Proven ability to influence decision making
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Exercise a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions with all levels of the organization
• Highly adaptable to a fluid and ever-changing work environment
• Ability to lead and manage people effectively
• Strong knowledge in employment laws; multi-state experience required
• Travel will be required, sometimes with little notice
• Experience practicing HR/ER in a fast-paced, unstructured, and/or creative industry (music, fashion, retail, television, advertising, hospitality, etc.) is a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a relevant field with HR-related coursework- JD is a plus
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus muchmore!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.