Vice President, Creative
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Merchandise and commerce is becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it’s a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it’s another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG is looking for a creative leader to help build, mentor and drive a world-class creative team for their eCommerce arm, which services many of the biggest and most iconic artists in the world. This role will be tasked with developing and managing a creative team to drive compelling, cohesive artist brand experiences across the groups responsible for product, marketing, tech and the full consumer-facing eCommerce retail experience.
Experience within an apparel/fashion brand, or multi-brand driven e-commerce platform is preferred. Experience managing a large team is a must.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Lead and mentor a multi-disciplined team across design, video, web, photography and creative marketers.
• Oversee project and team budgets to grow our resources with new hires, contractors and other resource needs.
• Oversee and creatively drive projects from conception to completion for comprehensive campaigns against product drops and merchandising opportunities, in collaboration with labels and artists. This includes initial concepts, goals and objectives, creative briefs, through to timelines, budget, and execution.
• Act as campaign lead on large-scale timed product launches and accompanying events and social media activity, developing a strategic, well-communicated plan for customers for online and in-store launches around product, and builds engaging experiences.
• Strategize seasonal brand calendars to guide store planning
• Establish UX and consumer touchpoints that enrich the product showcase, and merchandising strategies.
• Work with the Product Design, Development, and Creative Marketing teams to create artist-driven brand narratives and experiences that bring the product assortment to life.
• Work with content team to oversee production of content, model recruitment, lifestyle and product shoots, etc.
• Identify and lead collaborations with outside creative partners/vendors to elevate our capabilities on both a project and group level.
• Work in partnership with other eCommerce executives to drive collective performance against group and UMG goals.
Bring your VIBE:
• 8-10 years of relevant creative/brand experience in fashion, retail, or multi brand eCommerce.
• 4 years of experience leading and managing large creative teams.
• Demonstrated creative success on a range of brands.
• Natural collaborator. Must be willing to set ego aside in order to deliver for our customers (both fans and artists).
• Excellent communication skills. Must be extremely comfortable clearly communicating creative concepts to diverse audiences ranging from artists to label executives.
• Flexible and adaptive; ability to quickly and calmly react to changing artist & label needs and deadlines.
• Adept problem solver; ability to come up with creative solutions on the fly.
• Experience with artists and an understanding of the music industry is a plus.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Wellness Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated, and boosted, against COVID-19 before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.