Vice President, Brand Management
Universal Music GroupHollywood, NY
Full Time Job
Vice President, Brand Management (Music/Merchandise)
How we LEAD:
Bravado is currently looking for a Vice President to join its Brand Management team and oversee a number of Bravado’s key artists. Brand Management is the central hub that drives all artist activity across multiple channels of commerce in order to maximize revenue. This individual will work with the unique needs and challenges of our clients to deliver full-service marketing support in a variety of categories including strategic planning, brand development, consumer marketing and creative development. This person will be the central owner of the brands and will work cross-functionally with sales, licensing, direct to consumer and operations teams to develop creative plans and ensure they are executed flawlessly across the globe
How you’ll CREATE:
• Develop global plans that fit with the client/brand vision and are executed across Bravado’s multiple channels including e-commerce, retail and tour
• Manage the Day-To-day with Clients
• Oversee a team of Brand and Product Managers.
• Initiate best practices and processes into Bravado’s brand management structure to facilitate global collaboration across territories and departments.
• Build close partnerships with other functions and develop best processes for collaboration and information sharing.
• Develop global commerce plans across retail, e-commerce and tour that fit with the client/brand vision and take into account all upcoming activity and moments.
• Work closely with marketing to develop marketing campaigns that tie to global brand plans and support the brand’s vision.
• Oversee the management of the product portfolio for each artist including product development, creative identity, style guides, etc.
• Work closely with artist and their management to develop merchandising strategies resulting in best revenue opportunities.
• Develop product strategies that span e-commerce, retail and tours.Oversee development of creative materials for artist roster
• Develop and test new product concepts.
• Monitor and analyze business metrics in order to optimize product line and maximize commercial opportunity.
• Work closely with production, sales and touring departments to develop product lines and ensure that artist.
• Ensure campaigns and strategies are executed to the highest standards globally.
• Ensure all materials are consistent with strategy, on time and within budget, legally compliant.
• Develop artist brand standards and usage guidelines
• Oversee the development of existing and potential client presentation materials
Bring your VIBE:
• Work with multiple stakeholders, including artist management, creative and production, to facilitate the development of products from inception to finished product, including design solicitation, approvals, setting production specs and quantities and quality assurance
• Responsible for asset delivery to internal creative department from artists and management.
• Create and manage “launch” calendar for all products and initiatives – coordinate with talent mgmt. on all corresponding events – music launches, tours, anniversaries, etc.
• Support all other departments to ensure their needs are met, be it marketing or creative, including keeping departments aware of any and all artist/brand activity
• Responsible for representing the company in meetings, at shows and on calls with management and bands/brands
• Overseeing special projects for the department as necessary, including pop up shops, special events, etc.
• Create and design brand presentations for clients, retail sales, brand partnerships, and collaboration opportunities
• Must be in the loop on latest music and fashion happenings, particularly street-wear fashion
• 10 years experience working cross functionally in a matrix organization to drive brand and product initiatives from concept to execution
• Able to lead a brand management team and drive projects with cross-functional teams
• Analytical and understands business revenue models
• Great communication skills, written and oral, interpersonal and group settings
• E-commerce experience strongly preferred
• Experience in consumer goods in the areas of planning, program development, and execution
• A strategic approach to brand building programs
• Overall leadership and management of brand growth through sound strategic thinking and excellence in execution
• Awareness and interest in current fashion trends and styles
• Knowledge of delivering memorable brand experiences, social media campaigns, advertising campaigns, media
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off –Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.