Vice President, Artist Marketing
Universal Music GroupHollywood, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/19/2020 8:21:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Vice President, Artist Marketing jobs in Hollywood-CA
Search all Vice President, Artist Marketing postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President, Artist Marketing? How we LEAD:
Seeking an exceptional and innovative Vice President, Artist Marketing to be a Senior member the Marketing department for Capitol Music Group.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Develop and execute comprehensive marketing strategies and campaigns for music launches and artist development for key Capitol Records priorities.
• Develop and execute innovative marketing campaigns including social media, SEO, email/text, web development, data-capture, and advertising to aid in building awareness and growing a fan base around an artist.
• Must be able to “think outside the box” and be able to implement new and effective ways to market and promote assigned releases
• Coordinate all internal departmental efforts (digital marketing, sales, publicity, radio promotion, etc.) leading up to, and throughout, album release. To ensure proper execution of overall marketing plan to drive fan engagement campaigns and music consumption opportunities.
• Act as primary liaison between artist and label, communicating status and issues back to label management while diplomatically representing the label’s interests to the artist
• Work in conjunction with artists, managers, and marketing team to create, maintain, and evolve artist brands
• Generate timelines of project needs and key dates with all departments and coordinate the efforts to meet all deadlines
• Analyze results of marketing efforts as well as any other appropriate contextual market conditions; identify key opportunities and communicate these to the team
• Effectively manage marketing budgets for assigned projects
• Oversee and coordinate the creation of tools needed for marketing, sales and advertising campaigns
• Secure strategic marketing placements and opportunities with outside partners to widen the exposure for the artist and/or release
• Manage a high volume of internal/external meetings and email correspondence
• You’ll be a contributing thought leader for the department and manage junior staff
Bring your VIBE:
• Music industry experience with an emphasis in Artist Marketing and the Pop, Alternative, Indie…etc space
• General knowledge of all departments within a label, including Digital, publicity, A&R, creative, production and promotion
• Organize, prioritize, and execute a wide range of tasks with heavy workloads and tight deadlines
• Creativity and willingness to think outside the box
• Strong teamwork skills and communication abilities with the ability to write and convey marketing plans/efforts to executives and management
• Must be innovative with a high degree of energy, flexibility and interpersonal skills.
• Must be adaptable and ability to establish good relationships
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including: PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word
• College Degree required
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.