Synch Licensing and Marketing Assistant
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Synch Licensing & Marketing Assistant
Responsible to: President of Decca Records / Head of Decca Publishing
Department: Decca Records / Decca Publishing
Location of work: 4PS
As part of Universal Music, Decca Music Group ha s more than 80 years of recording history and an outstanding catalogue. DMG label Decca Records hosts a roster of celebrated talent from Sir Rod Stewart, The Lumineers, Melody Gardot, Michael Ball & Alfie Boe, Aurora, Ludovico Einaudi, Jeff Goldblum and the The Shires alongside innovative Mercury KX label with signings including Ólafur Arnalds. Decca Classics stars include Cecilia Bartoli, Nicola Benedetti, Andrea Bocelli, Joseph Calleja, Renée Fleming, Benjamin Grosvenor, Janine Jansen and rising star Sheku Kanneh-Mason.
Launched in Jan 2017, Decca Publishing providing a unique global publishing platform for composers and repertoire in the fields of post-classical, score and instrumental music, helping to redefine the definition of a 21st century composer. Decca Publishing composers include Max Richter, Clark, Will Gregory (of Goldfrapp) Alex Somers & Sebastian Plano.
An experienced, enthusiastic and motivated individual is required for this key role w orking across both Decca Records and Decca Publishing . This person will provide synch licensing & marketing support as well as general administrative assistance to the busy Decca team .
Main Purpose of the Role
If neither Decca Records nor Decca Publishing are specified, assume responsibility covers both Records & Publishing.
Supporting the Creative Licensing Manager on a day to day basis, key licensing duties will include:
• Logging all Decca Records Group invoices/licenses so they’re traceable at all times
• Clearance of Decca Records Group UK repertoire on international TV/charity/educational projects
• Clearance/Licensing of all Decca Records Group UK student and charity synch requests
• Assisting Creative Licensing Manager on all UK sync matters including, promotion of new tracks, broadcaster queries, requesting tracks and clearing TV synchs.
• General department business administration, as required.
Key marketing duties will include:
• Liaise with Marketin g, A&R and artist management to ensure we have most up to date assets for all of our artists and composers .
• Ingesting and tagging audio assets into UMPG Songs /Disco for Decca Publishing repertoire.
• Marketing and ‘selling’ the roster via email and social media for Decca Publishing .
• Marketing and “selling” the roster to the UMPG global sync teams via playlists and newsletters for Decca Publishing.
• Liaising with internal and 3 rd party Labels in order to deliver music to clients via mail outs, Spotify, Soundcloud and personalised care packages to coincide with track releases, Radio fi rst plays and label / artist communications.
• Assist with tracking sync music trends via online R&D for sync teams and disseminating regular updates.
• Maintain Decca Publishing website
• Experience in similar role and desire to work in Synch
• Strong administrator, with excellent and proven organisation skills
• Hard working , organised and self - motivated individual
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Creative thinker
• Strong IT skills with excellent proficiency in PowerPoint and bespoke systems
• Love of music and knowledge of what is happening with artists both in Universal and externally
• Excellent attention to detail
• Highly digital ly savvy
Diversity and Inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Universal Music Job Description 1