Sr Manager, Global Royalty
Universal Music GroupFranklin, TN
Full Time Job
The Senior Manager has responsibility for UMPG’s global royalty processing and royalty administration systems. You will be experienced at leading a team and setting and meeting deadlines, measuring performance and reporting to senior management. The position reports to Senior Director, Global Royalty.
• Ensure royalty processing procedures are carried out for all designated global territories in accordance with controls.
• Prioritize workload for the Global Royalties team adhering to agreed deadlines and royalty timetables.
• Approval of final run closes for designated global territories.
• Approval of system adjustments as presented by Global Royalties Analyst team.
• Provide high level support and training for all global territories.
• Prepare statistics and detailed royalty reporting for the territories and senior management.
• Perform analysis of royalty data and processes, including client/rate structures, royalty calculation and financials.
• Identify and recommend process improvements and assist with their implementation.
• Assist with the design and testing of system upgrades.
• Maintain and update royalty procedure and system documentation.
• Ad hoc analyses and projects, as assigned.
• Strong analytical background. Excellent organizational skills. Detail-oriented.
• Willingness to assume responsibility for area and team.
• Ability to meet deadlines quickly and accurately, multi-task and work well under pressure with changing priorities.
• Advanced Excel skills and proficiency preferred in Microsoft Access.
• Overtime as required.
• 3 years music publishing company experience preferably in a royalty administration-related role.
• Experience managing, training and developing staff.
• Experience using an AS400 system and/or copyright system preferred.
• 4-year college degree in Business/Accounting or related area strongly preferred.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish