Sr. Manager, Digital Marketing & Creative Services
Universal Music GroupHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Caroline is the Independent Services division of Capitol Music Group (CMG), providing a full range of label services and revenue streams for Caroline’s artists, releases and label associations on a worldwide basis, including Marketing, Promotion, Commercial Development, Branding, Synch & Licensing, Lifestyle Marketing, Business Affairs and Finance.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is looking for a Senior Manager Digital Marketing to be a part of the Caroline Marketing Team located in Hollywood, CA who will oversee and direct and execute marketing and promotional plans across all aspects of audience building, influencer marketing and advertising campaigns for the entire Caroline services roster as well as all company portals and distribution partners, artist website, social media, new technology, CRM, SEM/SEO, third party lifestyle, and e-commerce.
include advertising campaign management by Caroline team through CMG Media team, asset creation and audience targeting strategies, digital on-boarding, social auditing and analysis, building and maintaining Caroline Influencer Portal as well as relationships with third-party influencer agencies. Nurturing and leveraging relationships with our label partners, artists and their management teams, and for strategizing on the best audience building campaigns and strategies for them. Required to set goals and manage campaigns in an effort to optimize reach and revenue. Responsible for managing and interpreting departmental reports and partner data. Manage out of house contacts database and relationships. Be a creative visionary, driving progressive digital marketing campaigns and inspiring innovation across the team.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Act as the thought leader into partners, concepting and gaining adoption for audience-first strategies and innovations to achieve goals
• Advertising campaign management by Caroline team through CMG Media team
• Asset strategy and work with content creation and CMG Media teams to execute sets (multi), links & copy developed by Caroline, multi-asset creative testing
• Audience targeting and building strategy, working with CMG Media team on multi-targeting groups (retargeting, engaged, similar artists, lookalike audiences, lifestyle/niche, purchasers), via advanced platforms (IG, IGS, FB, YT, TW, Snap, TikTok, Programmatic) with on-going optimization
• Create campaign timely status reports with analysis and insights for Caroline Marketing team throughout and at all stages of the project
• Execute partner digital onboarding: in-depth social audit verifications or updates needed, identifying growth trends, engagement rates, top-performing content, audience insights, on-going audience analysis, FAQ/Wiki Access to Best Practices, CMG/UMG insights reporting
• Manage creation, build, edits of Caroline’s online properties (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Official Website and other sites appropriate to the artist)
• Direct and approve creative process for all internal and external site builds
• Compile 90-Day plans, editorial calendars for content management purposes across online properties
• Manage larger initiatives coming out of key marketing and distribution partners
• Assess new partners and recognize opportunity
• Report on analytics across online properties to Project Manager and others as needed; ensure audience development and growth in online engagement
• Assign tasks for interns – video edits, research, blogger outreach, analytics reports, etc.
• Build/direct/manage relations with independent influencer marketing companies as well as soliciting campaigns
• Conceptualize and manage delivery of assets for all content-driven promotions
• Manage, analyze and report on performance of online initiatives
Bring your VIBE:
• Advanced level advertising and audience building experience
• Artist relations and/or third-party distribution experience in a consumer-focused 4 years-experience digital marketing
• Experience strategizing and executing cross-platform digital advertising campaigns. as well as pitching proposals for prospective clients (please be prepared to provide examples of or discuss campaigns you've worked on)
• Existing relationships with labels and/or brands and existing contacts at agencies and digital platforms
• Excellent presentation, communication and analysis skills, both written and verbal, with an eye towards problem-solving
• Knowledge of social media best practices and how to put together a social media plan, audience building strategy across multiple genres and targets
• Expert-level understanding of the technology and marketplace powering today and tomorrow’s music industry, along with a desire to be on top of every new digital trend, meme, and platform
• Must have strong relationships and vision to work with social media platforms like Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram, as well as, help with marketing initiatives with partners like Spotify and VEVO
• Experience with cross-promotional marketing and branding as relates to audience building
• Proven success working across internal and external teams in a dynamic team environment
• Candidates should be creative, innovative, organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task
• Build and manage artist budgets to support audience building
• Knowledge of Photoshop, WordPress, Drupal, etc.
• College degree preferred
Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer