Specialist, Royalty Audit
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/3/2023 2:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Specialist, Royalty Audit jobs in Woodland Hills-CA
Search all Specialist, Royalty Audit postings
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
UMG is currently seeking to fill the role of Royalty Audit Specialist. In this role, you will be responsible for various aspects of the audit process, as well as assisting the audit team in preparing responses and preparing for settlement negotiations. This position affords the right candidate exposure to all aspects of royalty reporting and many key players in the business space. The right candidate will have a passion for music and be hungry to learn and grow in the business of music.
How you'll CREATE:
• Respond to audit fieldwork requests from outside auditors.
• Meet with outside auditors and supervise their work.
• Carefully and articulately communicate in adversarial situations with external auditors regarding their requests.
• Analyze audit claims and confirm auditor's claim schedule calculations.
• Review artist contracts, copyright licenses, correspondence, statements, reports, and other pertinent documents to determine validity of claims
• Present multiple perspectives on issues to senior audit team.
• Recognize and safeguard highly confidential information in adversarial interactions between UMG and third parties.
Bring your VIBE
• Four-year college degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
• 0-2 years internship, practical, or transferable work experience.
• Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Must be able to think objectively and present multiple sides of an issue.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Able to multi-task, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong Excel & Word skills; Business Objects/data warehouse experience a plus
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
Job Category:Royalties & Copyright
$40,700 - $62,370
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.