Specialist, Global Revenue Royalty Optimization
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/22/2022 3:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Specialist, Global Revenue Royalty Optimization jobs in Woodland Hills-CA
Search all Specialist, Global Revenue Royalty Optimization postings
Full Time Job
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world's leading music company. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. Our vast catalogue of recordings and songs stretches back over a century and comprises the largest, most diverse and culturally rich collection of music ever assembled. Knowing that music, a powerful force for good in the world, is unique in its ability to inspire people and bring them together, we work with our artist and employees to serve our communities. We are the home for music's greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs. Together, we are UMG, the Universal Music Group.
How we LEAD:
UMG is currently seeking to fill the role of Royalty Audit Specialist. In this role, you will be responsible for various aspects of the audit process, as well as assisting the audit team in preparing responses and preparing for settlement negotiations.
This position affords the right candidate exposure to all aspects of royalty reporting and many key players in the business space. The right candidate will have a passion for music and be hungry to learn and grow in the business of music.
How you'll CREATE:
• Respond to audit fieldwork requests from outside auditors.
• Meet with outside auditors and supervise their work.
• Carefully and articulately communicate in adversarial situations with external auditors regarding their requests.
• Analyze audit claims and confirm auditor's claim schedule calculations.
• Review artist contracts, copyright licenses, correspondence, statements, reports, and other pertinent documents to determine validity of claims
• Present multiple perspectives on issues to senior audit team.
• Recognize and safeguard highly confidential information in adversarial interactions between UMG and third parties.
Bring your VIBE:
• Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Must be able to think objectively and present multiple sides of an issue.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Able to multi-task, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong Excel & Word skills; Business Objects/data warehouse experience a plus
• Four-year college degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week ''Winter Break'' & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved one
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.