Social Media and Digital Marketing Specialist
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
Universal Production Music (UPM) is seeking a Social Media Specialist (SMS), based in Santa Monica, CA, to support the UPM marketing team in driving key initiatives across various digital and social channels.
The SMS will partner and support the product, sales, and leadership teams; and will be responsible for creating and publishing content on all social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. The SMS will be responsible for building brand awareness and growing UPM'S audience in an effort to boost sales. The ideal candidate is creative, self-directed, and adept at managing multiple priorities and projects. They should understand the targeted audience for each social channel, creating persuasive content that strikes a chord with the intended audience, and is unique to the typical interactions of each channel. The SMS should be confident in owning, presenting, and reporting on a social media strategy focused on lead generation, brand awareness, and other established marketing KPI's.
How you'll CREATE:
• Creates marketing and social media campaigns and strategies, including budget planning, content ideation, and implementation schedules and manage against department KPI's
• Grow and expand each brands social media presence into new social media platforms, plus increases presence on existing platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and the DSPs (e.g., Spotify, Apple Music)
• Utilization of LinkedIn focused on lead generation of highly targeted content
• Development of TikTok strategy as a continuously growing platform for musical brand awareness and user generated content
• Ensures brand consistency in marketing and social media messages by working with various company department members maintaining the integrity of the company's brand guidelines and mission
• Collects customer data and analyses customer behavior and engagements to create comprehensive reports and improve future marketing strategies and campaigns
• Use Sprout Social (or similar) for monitoring social listening, maintaining client relationships, lead generation, creating and scheduling daily content on all corporate accounts
• Analyze recent licensing reports to choose marketing friendly client spots/credits based on client name or production title, to promote on social and internal email
• Hunts and sources the music usage within client multimedia projects for marketing use
• Identify and communicate with potential clients (video editors, music supervisors) through our various social channels
• Consistently comments on key clients and media companies posts and content keeping our brand and company top of mind and increasing visibility for leads and new business
• Continues to aid in our ongoing effort to collaborate and align with other divisions of UMG, strengthening our brand as the global entity and music powerhouse that it is.
• Report to management and team on effectiveness of various social media platform growth
• Create content as well as repurpose existing content to include in e-mail blasts, online advertising, and sales collateral and support campaigns as needed
• Assist designer in creation and production of:
• Sales proposals
• Brand logos
• PowerPoint layouts
• Social media graphic assets
• Video creation assets
• Website content
• Upload images and content to sitecore media library for website use
• Research and monitor activity of UPM competitors
• Organize and own UPM's collection of digital assets on server and cloud storage and following filing formats and naming conventions
• SEM/PPC Platform specific implementation & management and collaborate with UPM Marketing Team on strategy and planning brand's social media strategy
• Other requests by management as needed
Bring your VIBE:
• 2+ years' experience in digital marketing and developing Social Media strategies
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud, HTML, CRM (MS Dynamics, Salesforce a plus), as well as Microsoft Office applications, and project management apps (Trello, Microsoft Teams etc.).
• Connected to pop culture on the pulse of trends and new viral phenomena
• Understanding and ability to report on social media KPI's, SEO and web traffic metrics
• Great time management, interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience in maintaining corporate and/or entertainment websites using content management software and familiarity with web design and publishing (Sitecore, WordPress a plus).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills, with ability to multitask
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, communication, or related field
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• • Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
Job Category:Marketing, Streaming & Digital Media
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.