Senior Manager, People Business Partner
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
HOW WE LEAD:
Our People, Inclusion & Culture team is growing at UMG! We are currently seeking a Senior Manager, HR Business Partner (also known as our Senior Manager, People Business Partner), to provide generalist support across several business units and labels. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, assisting with employee-relations inquiries, providing great internal client support, and driving HR functional excellence, compliance, and process improvement for the business.
How You'll CREATE:
• The Senior Manager, HR Business Partner will work closely with the HR Director(s) and VP(s) to provide comprehensive, responsive HR support to our employee's in assigned business unit(s).
• Directly own the relationship with one or two business units, providing HR Business Partner guidance and coaching to that business with minimal support from HR Director/VP
• Serve as a trusted advisor on HR matters and programs for SVP level and below in other business units; Provide guidance to managers and employees on general HR questions, policies and processes; Partner with our HR Centers of Excellence and cross-functional colleagues (i.e. Legal, Finance, Admin Services, etc.) to ensure successful, timely resolution of questions and requests.
• Partner with the Employee Relations team to assist with investigations of employment-related concerns; provide counseling and coaching to managers and employees, and facilitate conflict resolution as needed
• Consult with the business on staffing, compensation, employee relations, performance management, talent development and employee programs.
• Partner with HR Director(s) and VP(s) to execute company-wide and function-specific HR initiatives and programs, including: annual compensation review/bonus process, employee pulse surveys, new employee onboarding, absence and leave administration, team-engagement efforts, etc. This may include facilitating focus groups and other sessions with managers and leaders.
• Build, develop, and maintain strong collaborative, consultative working relationships across multiple business units
• Develops an in-depth understanding of various business units – departments, jobs, structure, processes, and financial acumen
• Guide managers on effective performance management and assessing performance
• Manage & oversee effective onboarding and exit processes (both within our own team but also guiding managers on effective onboarding of new employees)
• Plan and manage program rollouts with Centers of Excellence teams including Learning and Organizational Development; Total Rewards; Talent Acquisition; Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging; People Experience & Culture
• Work with businesses on engagement strategy and action planning
• Analyze employment trends and shares with the broader HR team and management
• Participates in/manage HR projects and special projects
• Lead process improvements and highlights opportunities for increased consistency/efficacy across HR and cross-functional colleagues & teams
• Duties, responsibilities and client groups that you work with may change and evolve based on business needs
Bring your VIBE:
• BS/BA in Business or Human Resources Management or related field desirable.
• Minimum 8-10 years of prior Human Resources experience with a combination of knowledge or experience in HR practices, policies & procedures; employee relations; and state and federal labor law.
• Good knowledge of and exposure to the various areas of Human Resource in order to effectively work with those teams and guide practices / roll-out programs in partnership with them: recruiting; employee relations; performance management, compensation, compliance
• Comfortable being ''visible'' (virtually and in-office) to employees across multiple business units and answering general employee/manager questions on a day-to-day basis
• Results-oriented self-starter focused on continuous improvement and a progressive, solution-based approach to HR.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills to effectively interface with individuals at various levels of the organization and experience providing appropriate coaching and feedback as necessary.
• Experience with medium to high risk employee relations matters and relevant investigations (in partnership with Employee Relations team)
• Strong problem-solving skills and analytical ability.
• Ability to analyze, interpret and effectively present data (engagement, compensation and other people-related metrics)
• Excellent computer skills including experience with Windows, Visio (or other Org Chart program), Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
• A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and willingness to work hard to contribute to the successful implementation of our strategic initiatives and programs.
• Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively on a team.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly adaptable to a fluid and ever-changing, fast-paced work environment, ability to flex style based on diverse teams of varying support needs
• Ability and desire to work in a Hybrid environment: UMG's Future of Work is in-office & remote, 2-3 days/week. Must be open to working in our office 2-3 days/week.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits, and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Winter Break'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.