Senior Learning & Development Business Partner
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Senior Learning & Development Business Partner
Responsible to: Head of Learning & Development
Department: Human Resources
Location of work: Kings Cross, London
Main purpose of role
As the Senior L&D Business Partner you are accountable for the ‘UMG Corporate’ side of the company, under the supervision of the Head of L&D. You will be responsible for all aspects of L&D, the role involves planning talent strategy; creating, tailoring and delivering content; coaching; mentoring, facilitation; presenting; and consistently bringing new ideas and creativity to the L&D team. This is a true Business Partner role, which utilises a 1 on 1 approach to understand the context around business requirements. This will require working closely with the business, taking a coaching approach to establish the root cause involves of any development required, and delivering the most appropriate solution.
Your Key Responsibilities
• Consistently taking a consultative approach to understand requirements on both an organisational and individual level, and to drive all development activities through to meaningful outcomes.
• Taking responsibility for L&D budget, implementation of strategy, delivery, outcomes and best practice.
• Ensuring initiative is taken, all work is completed effectively, and others in team are delivering as required.
• Management of the L&D Business Partner for the ‘UMG-Corp’ side of the company, and any other members of the L&D team that may be designated to be managed.
• In collaboration with key business stakeholders, the L&D team and the wider HR team: identify, devise, implement and project-manage individual and group development plans, programmes and initiatives.
• Create and develop credible, relevant and engaging content for workshops, programmes and individuals.
• Facilitate and present workshops and development/training programmes.
• Coaching and mentoring employees throughout all levels of the organisation.
As a people person (in the true sense, not the cliche), you enjoy embedding yourself into a business, uncovering and diving deep into employee challenges, goals, skills and more. Your mindset is solutions-led, and you’re committed to keeping open communication across the business, including feeling confident challenging what we are doing and why. This is a visible role that requires a highly proactive approach, requiring a combination of analytical thinking alongside a creative, growth mindset.
Your Skills and Experience
• L&D/HR professional with proven experience in designing and implementing learning solutions.
• Demonstrable ability to design and deliver development/training sessions at a group level and at a bespoke one on one level.
• Strong facilitation skills.
• Graduate level - HR/psychology degree preferred.
• Chartered CIPD qualified.
• Experience of working in a complex, matrix organisation.
• ‘Completer-finisher’ mentality: taking personal accountability for delivery.
• Curious to explore fully around every situation/opportunity.
• Constantly analyses ways of working and challenges self and others to improve.
• Listens and proposes a variety of ways to respond to the challenge.
• Reviews trends and makes recommendations.
• Experienced user of a range of psychometric and other tools e.g. Insights Discovery; MBTI etc.
• Experience of working in a Media or Music organisation.
This Is Us
• We are a team with the constant drive to try new things, and push boundaries.
• We make quick decisions; that’s why we need problem solvers who aren’t afraid to throw ideas and solutions onto the table.
• We value open communication and integrity above hierarchies… every single person in our business adds value.
• We’re diverse and inclusive, as humans and in our music taste - we don’t judge and expect the same from you.
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Eyecare Scheme
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase
• Dental and Travel Insurance
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Spotify Subscription
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Diversity and inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.