Senior Financial Analyst
Universal Music GroupBrentwood, TN
This was removed by the employer on 7/30/2021 5:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Senior Financial Analyst jobs in Brentwood-TN
Search all Senior Financial Analyst postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Financial Analyst?
Full Time Job
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our staff, our artists, and songwriters, one another, our customers, and community service.
How we LEAD:
The Capitol CMG finance team is looking to fill a senior financial analyst role to support the reporting, forecasting and decision support functions of the global leader in Christian Music. This exciting role provides opportunities to contribute within the financial planning and analysis function of a very dynamic finance team. The senior financial analyst will be joining a team with strong experience during a time of growth in the music industry.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for core financial reporting and forecasting functions. Included in the responsibilities of this role are: review of financial statements to gain a deeper understanding of the various components, preparation of ancillary schedules to support results and underlying trends, decision support to the label teams as well as ownership of the monthly/quarterly/yearly narratives to our corporate office. Therefore, the candidate will require proven financial and technical accounting hands-on experience, critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, and strong communication/collaboration skills.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Key contributor of the financial close process (month/quarter/year).
• Play a critical role in the planning and forecasting cycles, including in the formulation of key core assumptions.
• Key contributor to the financial close (CFO) review meeting and supporting schedules, ensuring that data is accurate and in accordance with company policies.
• Preparation of plan/forecast presentation decks, ensuring that data is accurate and aligns with group plan assumptions.
• Tracking and analysis of market share for the record labels
• Liaison between local/regional/global accounting and commercial partnership teams for reporting and decision support matters.
• Ownership of the maintenance of various financial reporting/forecasting systems to align with company accounting policies.
• Reviews financial results and prepares written analysis and commentaries for management within the various reporting deadlines.
• Own the production and distribution of various reports on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
• Maintain supporting documents to aid in the compliance with internal controls and SOX documentation requirements.
• Assimilate, organize, and interpret large amounts of data and proactively translate trends into action points.
• Enhance the documentation of key internal controls, various processes, and procedures.
• Identify best practices and cross pollinate ideas for process improvements.
• Other duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
• Must be able to meet the demands of a fast paced and dynamic environment with tight deadlines.
• Strong financial systems skills and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (with heavy emphasis on MS Excel and MS Access).
• Awareness and familiarity of data analysis tools such as SQL, Domo, Tableau, Google Big Query, etc.
• Proven ability to learn new systems and tools quickly.
• Proven high level of organization and attention to detail.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Driven by accuracy of results.
• Self-starter with a positive attitude, flexible personality, and ability to work independently.
• Intellectual curiosity and solid business acumen.
• 5 years of proven and relevant accounting experience, preferably with an entertainment company.
• Experience in a large corporate setting actively participating in all aspects of the financial close and corporate consolidation processes.
• Exposure to an environment where internal controls are a high priority.
• Proven financial systems experience (preferably in Lawson, SAP, HFM and BPC).
• Exposure to technical accounting viewed favorably.
• Public accounting experience is helpful.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• CPA certification or a similar advanced credential a strong plus.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish