Senior Financial Analyst, Strategy & Corporate Development
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a full-time Senior Financial Analyst to support our Corporate Development & Strategy team. The Senior Analyst will be an integral part of a small core team that works on a variety of strategic topics and initiatives.
Most notably, the Senior Analyst will hold responsibility for the following tasks:
• Drive financial and operational analyses
• Evaluate potential acquisitions, investments, and other strategic growth opportunities
• Conduct research to support internal business projects and analyze operational trends
• Drive competitive & market analysis, and perform strategic reviews aimed at understanding the evolution and growth areas of the music industry
• Recommend best practices for improving internal processes and decision-making across business units
• Author internal documents (presentations, memorandums, etc.)
• Lead special projects in connection with the team goals and strategy
• Superior analytical, problem solving, accounting and financial modelling skills
• Able to manage and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Highly self-motivated with ability to think independently and critically
• High level of intellectual curiosity, especially around technology and the entertainment industry
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong team building capabilities
• Strong proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of financial systems preferred (i.e. Hyperion Financial Management / Smartview Reporting, SAP and BPC Planning)
• 3 years of relevant full-time work experience in banking, consulting, corporate development, or a similar field desired
• Previous relevant experience in the music industry a plus
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in finance, accounting, business, economics, or another related field
• CPA / relevant Master’s degree is a plus
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.