Senior Finance Director, Strategic Partnerships Services
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/26/2021 2:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Senior Finance Director, Strategic Partnerships Services jobs in Woodland Hills-CA
Search all Senior Finance Director, Strategic Partnerships Services postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Finance Director, Strategic Partnerships Services? Description
How we LEAD:
We are currently searching for an individual to set up and manage specific financial processes and reporting related to our Strategic Partners globally. This broad new role will primarily involve the management of our financial reporting to our Strategic Partners in concert with our OpCo’s and Corporate finance as well as the implementation of global KPI’s and other performance reporting both for UMG management and for our Strategic Partners (as part of ongoing business reviews). This role will require considerable coordination effort across the world and across UMG departments as well as the management and coordination of quality controls. The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for music and have the intellectual curiosity to ultimately surface deep insights about the Strategic Partners catalog and new releases (from the financial data within their purview).
How you’ll CREATE:
• Oversees all financial and royalty reporting to Strategic Partners, by partnering with global finance and global royalties
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of interfaces from all supporting systems (sales system, general ledger, financial forecasting system) into the financial models and databases.
• Implements quality control measures and applies those to a formal statement review process (prior to them be formally issued) with the Revenue Assurance lead
• Main point of contact for statement-related issues; owns the resolution both internally and externally with our partner: resolving statement issues through own investigation and coordination, globally
• Recommends quality control recommendations around the financial / royalty reporting generated by OpCo’s
• Implements and performs the marketing and other cost consolidation and reimbursement processes centrally for certain deals
• Partners across corporate strategic development, global finance, global royalties & GRRO, develops a first-in-class financial performance package(s) for use internally by UMG management, as well as for our business review discussions with our strategic partners
• Partners with the JVMA, and associated projects (including FIS), to ensure the voice of our Strategic Partners is embedded in those initiatives to drive high quality statements are issued globally
• Coordinates with the opco’s on forecasting and budgeting Key Commercial Partner activity in their markets
• Analyzes variances to budget and forecast and performs detailed revenue and cost forecasting as needed
• Handle special projects as assigned by management, including but not limited to proforma project P&Ls, recoupment analysis, historical trend analysis, new business proposals/presentations.
• Enhance and modify models and databases as needed.
Bring your VIBE:
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
• Demonstrable proficiency in the use of spreadsheet, accounting and financial applications software; SAP experience/knowledge preferred.
• Proficiency with MS Office products including advance skills in Excel and Power Point.
• Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize based on evolving workload.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to write and convey marketing plans/efforts to executives and management, while being sensitive to confidential information.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability, personal effectiveness, and the ability to establish quick rapport.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and effectively follow through under pressure and/or tight deadlines.
• 7 years of experience, preferably within music label finance or a large entertainment company.
• Knowledge and experience with corporate finance required.
• Experience with financial reporting systems, SAP and BPC.
• Strong Excel and Power Point skills.
• Proven experience in managing a small team.
• Degree qualified (specific to business, finance, financial consulting, or accounting) or equivalent experience.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.