Senior Director, Marketing
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/3/2023 2:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Senior Director, Marketing jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Director, Marketing postings
Full Time Job
Founded in 1984, Def Jam Recordings has represented the cutting-edge in hip-hop music for more than 35 years. Def Jam began as a maverick independent label inspired by downtown New York City's vibrant street culture and the emerging sound of hip-hop, pioneered by iconic stars like LL Cool J, Slick Rick, The Beastie Boys and Public Enemy. Over the following two decades, Def Jam established its dominance with superstar acts like Jay-Z, DMX, Ja Rule, Method Man & Redman, Ludacris, Rihanna, Jeezy, and the inimitable Kanye West. Now in its fourth decade, Def Jam's music and lifestyle has grown into a global brand – synonymous with creativity, quality and authenticity – encompassing a diverse roster of marquee and emerging stars like West, Justin Bieber, Alessia Cara, Logic, Pusha T, Jadakiss, Vince Staples, Jeremih, Big Sean, YG, 2 Chainz, Dave East, and Jhene Aiko, among others. Today, Def Jam has reaffirmed its passion for and commitment to hip-hop culture, and has expanded its global brand reach to become the most-followed major label on all major social media platforms.
How we LEAD:
Def Jam Recordings, a division of Universal Music Group (UMG), is presently seeking a Marketing Director to be a part of the labels marketing pod structure located in New York City, NY who will oversee and direct all aspects of day-to-day marketing and will partner with our label departments and artists to develop marketing campaigns and strategize the best course to market for their releases. This role will work in tandem with the various departments under the direction of the EVP, Marketing.
How you'll CREATE:
• Marketing Strategy: Work with our partners to create a strong marketing campaign that is engaging fans, raising visibility and driving commercial results.
• Project Management: Act as the marketing lead for specific projects and labels. This includes developing the overall marketing plan, budget and strategy for the campaign and then executing it.
• Marketing Plans: When not running a campaign, the candidate will be responsible for guiding our partners in creating well thought out and creative plans.
• Project Invoicing/budgeting: Work with finance and marketing partners to route PO and invoicing information
• Label Meetings: Be available for all label meetings to act as a sounding board and strategist.
• Weekly Updates: Create weekly updates for the team highlighting growth areas and opportunities on priority releases. Also work with label partners to ensure they are consistently delivering concise updates.
• Label Relations: Available during negotiations as it relates to marketing strategy and label relations. This role is generally the first point of contact after a deal has been signed so that marketing plan development and marketing strategy can begin immediately to maximize timelines.
• Digital Marketing Strategy: Work with the digital department to ensure that our partners are creating creative, innovative campaigns that engage fans utilizing pre-existing social platforms and new technologies.
• New Opportunities: Consistently look to find new third-party partners that can help market and promote our partners. Also work with pre-existing partners to develop new ways to help raise our partners' profiles.
Bring your VIBE:
• Advanced level artist relations and/or third-party distribution experience in a consumer-focused 3+ years' experience in music industry marketing
• College degree preferred
• Existing relationships with labels and/or brands and existing contacts at digital platforms
• 5+ Years Experience, Marketing Director / Product Manager
• Experience strategizing and executing marketing campaigns, as well as pitching proposals for prospective clients (please be prepared to provide examples of or discuss campaigns you've worked on)
• Knowledge of social media best practices and how to put together a social media plan, build a fan base, etc.
• Must be tech savvy with deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies and general market trends
• Must have strong music industry relationships and vision to work with in house and 3rd party PR, Promo and online marketing teams
• Experience with cross-promotional marketing and branding
• Candidates should be creative, innovative, detail-oriented and resourceful.
• Must be able to prioritize and multi-task
• Build and manage artist budgets to support online marketing
• Degree qualified or equivalent experience.
Salary Range: $65,200 - $146,900
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, Two (2) paid weeks for ''Winter Break'' season, Wellness Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
Job Category:Marketing, Streaming & Digital Media