Senior Director, Learning and Organization Development
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/15/2021 12:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Senior Director, Learning and Organization Development jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Senior Director, Learning and Organization Development postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Director, Learning and Organization Development? Description
How we LEAD:
Are you an amazing facilitator and insightful consultant with expertise in Learning and Organization Development? Then we have the role for you! The Learning and Organization Development (LOD) group at Universal Music Group is looking for someone who can consult with our businesses and help them develop and implement a strategy to improve the performance of their leaders, teams, and organization.
The Senior Director, Learning and Organization Development will be responsible for developing and executing an adaptive strategy for both their assigned client groups and across the organization that builds organizational capabilities and addresses emerging business needs in the areas of Learning, OD and Talent Management processes. The role will report to the Head of Learning and Organization Development.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Consults with the HR team and business leaders to assess needs and identify opportunities to build and implement appropriate learning and OD solutions that develop and engage our employees.
• Creates, designs, and executes a client strategy that incorporates change management methodologies, learning technologies, and evaluative measures.
• Design, develop and implement talent management processes like talent and succession planning, talent assessment strategy and performance development processes across the global organization.
• Able to navigate the balance between academic/process rigor and practitioner reality.
• Designs and developments training content and materials that incorporate adult learning and instructional design principles.
• Develops job aides and support materials to reinforce learning objectives and employee capabilities.
• Able to adapt facilitation style to engage audiences across a spectrum of levels, functions, and needs; Ensures diversity of delivery methods, including in-person, webinars, eLearning, podcasts, cohort programs, etc., to meet the needs of our employees, teams and organizations.
• Identifies and engages external consultants/vendors as needed, including directing and monitoring their work.
• Works closely with the Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DIB) team to integrate DIB strategy and metrics into programs and initiatives.
• Manages and monitors multiple projects and initiatives that support their client groups and UMG.
• Expertise in the design and development of employee engagement and pulse surveys, including analysis of data to identify and share insights to HR and business leaders.
• Takes the lead on ad-hoc requests and projects that relate to their client group or as assigned by the Head of Learning and Organization Development.
Bring your VIBE:
• Proven exceptional communication, facilitation, and influencing skills
• Demonstrates ability to think strategically and creatively and skilled at using data to draw out themes that ‘tell a story’
• Proven success in driving change and influencing the adoption of new ideas
• Experience working as an internal consultant with strong consultative and diagnostic skills
• Excellent project planning and project management skills
• Ability to manage and execute multiple deliverables simultaneously
• Demonstrated aptitude for learning with the flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities and navigate ambiguous situations.
• Proven success conceptualizing, developing, and managing scalable and engaging programs in a multi- brand, geographically diverse organization
• Skilled at assessing needs, presenting creative solutions, developing action plans, and executing results
• Experience collaborating with subject matter experts and external vendors across multiple disciplines to build and deliver innovative solutions
• 7-10 years of experience creating and implementing TM and LOD strategies for clients in creative and multi-brand organizations and designing and facilitating employee and leader solutions.
• 7-10 years of experience consulting with all levels of business leaders and HR Business Partners to identify learning needs and provide recommendations.
• At least 3 years of experience presenting learning analytics data.
• Be able to travel up to 25% (greater Los Angeles area, New York, Nashville, Philadelphia, Toronto)
• A graduate degree in organization development, industrial/organizational psychology, organization behavior, communications, leadership development, or related area preferred
• Certification in at least two or more assessment/feedback instruments (e.g. DISC, MBTI, ECI, ILS, OCS, Firo-B, TKI, Social Styles, 360 assessments etc.)
• Experience working in music, media, video game, PR, advertising, tech, or film/TV/studio entertainment, a plus
• Experience supporting organization development projects like Engagement surveys, Change management, or Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
• Experience using Psychometric Assessments
• Experience coaching managers and skilled professionals; coaching certification a plus
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.