Senior Director, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/12/2021 12:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Senior Director, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Senior Director, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Director, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging? Description
How we LEAD:
Our commitment to innovation extends to our first-class Human Resources team, which is currently seeking a Senior Director, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging. The Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Squad (DIBS) serves as a guiding force for authenticity and connection within Universal Music. We’re a community of creatives brought together by music, growing our DIBS programs across the globe. This is a great opportunity to play a central role in the further development, drive, and communication of our holistic DIBS strategy. You will help broaden and deepen our organization’s focus on Increasing representation; Fostering a culture of belonging; Activating multicultural audiences; Driving economic inclusion; Engaging new social impact partners; Inspiring everyday innovation.
You will provide leadership at a strategic and operational level on DIBS talent acquisition strategies, learning, development, and advancement programming, workplace analytics, and other practices.
How you’ll CREATE:
• With a sincere commitment and goal to continuously advance diversity, inclusion, and belonging, you will help continue to architect, design, and champion the strategic vision, best in class practices, and organization-wide meaningful programs that create deeper understanding, awareness, inclusivity, and engagement for our employees, job candidates, labels, and partners.
• Build out a comprehensive and beyond surface-level D&I workplace analytics strategy that helps leaders extract important truths about their business quickly and correctly so they can improve decision-making.
• Partner with the talent acquisition team and external partners to identify and recruit top talent with non-traditional backgrounds to drive innovation and leverage their unique assets to advance the objectives of UMG.
• Develop a framework for identifying and grooming high-potential, high-performing team members of difference which includes differentiated development programming that widens the bench for future leadership positions with P&L responsibility.
• Develop and implement a highly differentiated array of learning experiences within the organization focused on inclusive recruitment/leadership/advancement, antiracism, allyship, intersectionality, belonging, and intercultural fluency.
• Develop and maintain systems and incentives to hold leaders accountable for their support, implementation, and ownership of diversity, inclusion, and belonging practices within their respective departments.
• Partner with the Chief Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging Officer to ensure all of the above is customized to the unique needs and culture of each label and market.
Bring your VIBE:
• Bachelor’s degree in one of Sociology, Business Management, Communications, Human Resources, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred but not required.
• 5 years of senior-level experience in a diversity-specific role creating, leading, and implementing diversity, inclusion, and belonging strategies. Global experience a bonus.
• Demonstrated experience in the building of a clear vision for the future of cultural diversity and equity, and a transparent framework to connect our organization’s mission and business strategy, that provides transparency and inspires action for all levels and audiences.
• Demonstrated ability at driving large scale culture change efforts in well – regarded and admired companies with the ability to partner with multiple stakeholders to gain their commitment and support.
• Demonstrated team leadership, coaching, and group facilitation/presentation skills.
• Effective data analysis, problem-solving, and reporting skills; expertise in identifying, collecting, and analyzing data necessary to develop and assess progress toward achieving priorities and develop key strategies.
• Ability to collaborate and influence areas of the business without direct reporting relationships.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.