Senior Coordinator, A&R Admin
Universal Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/19/2023 8:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Senior Coordinator, A&R Admin jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Coordinator, A&R Admin postings
Full Time Job
Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music, including Astralwerks, Blue Note, Capitol Records, Capitol Christian Music Group, as well as Capitol Studios and Harvest Records. We produce, distribute, and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world's leading Music Company.
How we LEAD:
We are currently seeking a Sr. Coordinator of A&R Administration to be part of a very busy department and work closely with A&R, Business & Legal Affairs, and the Production departments that serve 6 major record labels.
If you enjoy spreadsheets, numbers, showing off your organizational skills, and assisting the creative A&R process from behind the scenes, this is the perfect job for you. Your days will include tracking important delivery paperwork, collecting and distributing audio, accounts payable activity, collaborating with artist/producer management, troubleshooting budget concerns with A&R, providing accurate and timely information to Senior Management and so much more.
How you'll CREATE:
• Analyzing and administering the recording budgets for an entire roster of recording projects in a variety of music genres.
• Managing all aspects of the Accounts Payable process in relation to recording budgets.
• Providing excellent customer service both internally and externally to all stakeholders throughout the recording process; ensuring timely payment, accuracy, and guidance throughout.
• Filing and processing of all union-related (SAG-AFTRA & AFM) contracts as applicable.
• Budget analysis, creation, and reforecasting.
• Manage Accounts Payable activity along with the corporate finance teams.
• Gathering required paperwork to ensure music is cleared for release into the marketplace.
• Liaise with senior management and A&R regarding the recording process and creative plan.
• Collaborate with A&R to issue Purchase Orders and authorize expenditures.
• Gather tax forms and union paperwork to ensure compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Prepare reports and project summaries as requested by various departments.
• Provide information as requested by the Royalties team.
• Assist the VP with monthly financial forecasting of project spend.
• Ensure accurate record-keeping for the purposes of proper documentation to indemnify the corporation.
• Collect, Deliver and vault audio masters for each project.
Bring your VIBE:
• Able to quickly gain proficiency in the proprietary systems (i.e., Uniport, R2 label copy system and Studio Hub).
• Excellent understanding of basic Accounts Payable procedures.
• Familiarity with budgeting, preferably in the recording industry.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel (using financial formulas and creating spreadsheets).
• Solid data entry skills with a very strong attention to
• Superior organizational and time-management abilities.
• Ability to multi-task on several projects at once.
• Experience in an A&R Administrator or similar role. Experience in the music industry preferred.
• College Degree Required
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.