Senior Cloud and Datacenter Implementation Manager
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
We are currently seeking an eager and exceptional individual to lead Cloud IT and Datacenter projects. The position will be responsible for managing internal and vendor resources in implementing leading IT solutions throughout the cloud, compute and store infrastructure domains. Responsibilities include providing technical direction as well as owning overall project delivery across several concurrent projects. The Senior Implementation Manager is responsible for liaising with UMG senior management, business units and technical teams.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following functions in the IT Infrastructure Build organization:
• Utilize technical skills to coordinate enhancements and deployment efforts
• Identify hardware, software, and external service cost estimates, resource requirements, project scope, and objectives
• Plan the work and follow up with assigned staff to drive successful project outcomes
• Conduct meetings to ensure adherence to the implementation plan
• Design and implement automation solutions (e.g. scripting)
• Turnover implemented work to the operational support teams including development of operational processes, documentation, and training
• Utilizing knowledge of technology, UMG’s business needs, and UMG’s capabilities, serve as a liaison between stakeholders and UMG IT
• Provide insight and recommendations for solutions
• Review proposed solutions to ensure the delivery of a quality product or service
• Inform stakeholders of the strategy for deployment of new implementations, as well as the maintenance and upgrades of existing equipment
• Confirm the alignment of customer expectations and implementation plans
• Provide documentation and communication to peers and management for status, coordination, objectives, and performance
• Oversee vendors work efforts on implementations
• Assess and troubleshoot, consult with vendors, and coordinate with other teams for problem resolution
• Ensure compliance with incident, problem, and change management procedures and standards to ITIL standards by all Sourcing Provider(s)
• Review Technology Roadmaps in the compute and storage areas (regardless of cloud, hosted datacenter)
• Manage technical project review meetings. Ensure project technical designs meet UMG’s operational requirements and are in compliance with UMG infrastructure and security standards
• Other tasks as deemed necessary or appropriate
• Proven ability to deliver key objectives within schedule and budget.
• Proven experience with Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure (Google Compute a plus) in an enterprise setting (personal use of these services will not be considered as equivalent
• Practical (hands-on) grasp of LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) and Microsoft (Windows Server, IIS, MS SQL) technologies
• Experience with hypervisors and virtual machines (VMware, Hyper-V, others)
• Solid understanding of key cloud design concepts such as “High Availability” (HA), “Elastic Load Balancing” (ELB), especially in relation to modern disaster recovery (DR) methodologies and cloud-based solution design
• Detailed knowledge and demonstrated experience with key cloud-specific technologies (EC2, S3, RDS, AZ) as well as Amazon services such as CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudTrail
• Experienced in version control and release management concepts and tools, particularly Git (GitHub/ Bitbucket) for code branching and merging a plus
• Experience implementing and managing of cloud orchestration tools (Puppet, Chef, Capistrano)
• Experience managing infrastructure in hosted and cloud environments, especially transition to cloud
• 10 years minimum Experience in delivering IT infrastructure and cloud projects with multiple stakeholders and delivery teams.
• Extensive experience in technical server management
• BA or BS degree in an IT related field or an equivalent combination of formal education and applicable experience required
• PMI, PMP or equivalent Project Management Certification strongly preferred
• MCSE, AWS, and UNIX certifications strongly preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.