Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Responsible to: Director, Quality Assurance
Department: UMPG Global Technology
Location of work: King’s Cross, London
The A Side: A Day in The Life
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst is the liaison between our business and development teams, driving software products to success by recognising strategic need and tactical goals. Managing the expectations of our stakeholders across multiple business teams is essential with a solution-oriented focus. The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst will convert those expectations and domain knowledge into clear solutions for both business and development teams in a big data team, playing an essential role for collaborative and successful products.
You will have a strong track record in data warehousing projects, proving the ability to communicate with business stakeholders, understand business pain points, translate requirements into solutions, and transfer knowledge to an Agile project team for multiple IT products.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
• Develop a sound knowledge of the business domain and our data points.
• Provide detailed requirements in form of user stories, process flows and wire frames to enable the development to proceed with minimal analysis support.
• Orchestrate the development by creation of tickets, estimation and sprint management.
• Define User Acceptance test plans.
• Triage tickets to form up application service packs that are appropriate for the needs of our business community.
• Play the role of Business Analyst in an Agile Methodology.
• Business models incorporating process and data modelling.
• Build positive relationships with business stakeholders and development teams.
• Experience with an enterprise class BI tool like MicroStrategy, Business Objects.
• AWS and SQL experience.
• Demonstrable evidence of analysing and documenting complex business processes / process mapping and managing with stakeholders.
• Deep interest in data and data analysis.
• Ability to form up the problem solution, use of wire-framing and other techniques.
• Ability to work with the development team and ensure on-time delivery (local & offshore.)
• A proven track record in Software Development.
• End to end experience of the product and software lifecycles.
• Results orientated with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Total and certified understanding of Agile project methodology.
• Ability to break solution down into development sprints working in an Agile project methodology.
• Experienced in defining Epics and User Stories.
• Strong understanding of key technologies and limitations.
• Strong understanding of data modelling and databases.
• Able to command respect with Senior Business Managers.
• Ability to drive coherent product development.
• Business focused.
• Self-starter, strong initiative & leadership.
• Knowledge of working with Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing Applications.
• Project management experience.
• Good understanding of the Music Publishing or Record Company business.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email.