Senior Brand Partnerships Manager, Global
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
Senior Brand Partnerships Manager, Global (12 MTH Maternity Cover)
Job title: Senior Brand Partnerships Manager, Global (12 MTH Maternity Cover)
Responsible to: Director Brand Partnerships, Global
Department: Universal Music Group & Brands
Location of work: King’s Cross
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries.
Universal Music has been one of the first record companies to enter the digital space (mobile, internet, TV, social media) as well as to provide tailor-made, innovative and business effective entertainment consumer solutions and marketing packages for brands, with dedicated international and local UMG & Brand teams.
We are currently looking for maternity cover for a Senior Brand Partnership Manager to join our Brand Partnerships activity centrally, based in London. This position will primarily focus on strategic brand partnerships, go to market strategies, project management and business development activities across the board.
The B Side: Skills & ExperienceBe operational
• Key Account Management: support Director of Brand Partnerships on the day to day management of key strategic global accounts, building solid relationships with clients.
• International project management support: working with local markets to deliver cohesive activation strategies that align with agreed global frameworks.
• End to end project management & coordination: effectively leverage different skillsets in the wider team (e.g. Insight, Creative, Talent, Commercial) to win and deliver new business.
• Build knowledge of UMGB best practices: ensure these are effectively leveraged in our conversations with brands.
• Support in the development of insight-based strategies for new and existing brand partners.
• Strategic Planning & brand activation: working closely with Insight to build strategic pitch documents and develop on how it can be deployed in our evolving conversations with brands globally.
• Central strategic initiatives: Support Director of Brand Partnerships and Global Head of New Business on ad-hoc strategic initiatives. To include research, strategic analysis and development of clear and structured recommendations for board level presentations.
• Providing clear rationale/s for how we can evolve our brand partnership offering. To which brands can we take what music marketing services and via which routes to market?
• Global and multi-territory pipeline development: support Director in working on global leads and active briefs. Lead the UMGB response, build compelling brand marketing packages, business models, proposals, presentations and prepare pitch teams for negotiations and project initiation.
• Personal Pipeline Development: via desktop research and personal networks, build a pipeline of potential brand partners and useful contacts and own their development through the opportunity qualification process.
Key Performance Metrics
• Group Synergies: Development of network across the Vivendi Group to identify and drive cross selling opportunities.
• Client Billings: Incremental revenue generated for the group, via directly supporting client pitches and indirectly supporting local markets in theirs.
• Client Relationships: Becoming a respected and trusted partner of key brand clients driving upselling opportunities and repeat business
• Development of key accounts and incremental revenues.
To succeed in this role, you will need a rounded skillset, with the ability to navigate a wide range of different disciplines whilst retaining the focus required to complete extremely detailed tasks and projects. Key requirements for the role are:
• Solid experience in a Global Marketing / Business Development environment (or equivalent.)
• Strong project management & delivery skills, particularly in managing multi-market projects (organisational and coordinative skills are essential to this.)
• Ability to communicate complex solutions clearly and concisely.
• Ability to work to short time frames/deadlines and to work closely with senior management.
• You will have an entrepreneurial spirit and a proactive approach.
• You will have a strong interest in and knowledge of digital and entertainment industries.
• You will be a team player with the ability to motivate colleagues and work with different personalities.
• Excellent business acumen, interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent MS office skills, especially PowerPoint.
• Ability to work autonomously and with minimal direction.
• Ability to manage pressure/stress effectively.
• Desire and ability to work within an international environment.
• Network of brand and agency contacts.
• MBA or Strategy consulting experience.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the
jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.