Senior Accounting Manager
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group currently has an opening for a Senior Manager of Accounting within its Central Accounting Services division. This position supports the general accounting close cycle and 3rd party statement process for InGrooves & Republic Records labels.
In this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a broad array of accounting, analysis and reporting activities.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Manage the monthly financial close activities with onshore and offshore accountants by maintaining a disciplined close process to adhere to tight close deadlines
• Prepare and/or approve journal entries
• Perform and/or review month-end supporting reconciliations and analysis
• Monitor and review daily cash receipts and coordinate with finance and AR teams to ensure proper accounting. Weekly review of key balance sheet schedules and overhead activity
• Reconcile AR, artist, and costs sub-ledger reports to GL
• Manage the intercompany reconciliation and confirmation process. Maintain a schedule of intercompany spend and recharges by territory
• Prepare and/or review 3rd party participation statements, and propose adjustments as needed
• Analyze accounting and financial reporting for complex topics such as revenue recognition, IFRS 16 leases, and others.
• Coordinate with other departments to research and resolve accounting issues and inquiries
• Prepare and review audit schedules for internal and external auditors
• Develop and implement process improvements and procedures to achieve efficiencies with month-end close and day to day operations.
• Manage special projects as needed
Bring your VIBE:
• 7 years of general ledger accounting and corporate reporting experience
• CPA candidate and/or public experience a plus
• Exposure to enterprise business/GL applications such as Hyperion/HFM, SAP/BW
• Advanced Excel skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Big picture thinker that is willing and able to dive into the details for insights and accuracy review
• BPO/working in an outsourced environment experience is a plus
• Able to handle multiple assignments, meet deadlines and think analytically
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer