Universal Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Epic Rights, a division of Bravado/Universal Music Group, is a full-service global branding, licensing and social media marketing company dedicated to building celebrity and entertainment brands via its broad global network of retailers, licensees, and agents. Working with a roster of top clients and brands, Epic Rights’ services include licensing/branding, music merchandising, social media management, VIP ticketing and fan clubs.
How we LEAD:
The Senior Accountant, under supervision of the Controller, prepares and delivers timely, accurate and relevant financial statements monthly.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Assists the Controller in preparing timely and accurate financial statements
• Prepares monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting.
• Conducts account analysis of asset and liability accounts to ensure proper recording in the General Ledger.
• Analyses both the line of business and artist P&L’s for better insights to profitability.
• Prepares accrual’s, deferrals, adjusting, allocating and reversing Journal entries as needed.
• Ensures that all entries and analysis are properly documented and stored for future retrieval.
• Prepares royalty statements for our artists and photographers as needed.
• Coordinates settlements with assigned distribution partners, reviewing their submissions and making sure they agree to contract.
• Prepares settlements for partners for lines of business where Epic acts as the distributor.
• Provides direction to other staff members on transaction coding to ensure proper handling both for financial statement and royalty purposes.
• Supports Controller in preparation of annual budgets and periodic re-forecasts
• Backs up the staff accountant and the senior royalty accountant when the volume of work requires it.
• Assist’s the Controller in architecting and setting up business systems to capture, process, track and summarize financial information required to both run the company and provide timely reporting to our clients.
• Produces reports, including commentary providing financial insights, for Epic’s management team.
• Prepares ad hoc reports and analysis.
• Assists the Controller in the establishment and enforcement of Internal Controls.
• Special Projects as required.
Bring your VIBE:
• Four or more years of progressive financial experience with general accounting, financial reporting, financial analysis, budgeting, and royalties.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Advanced Excel Skills.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and oral.
• Experience with database development and administration a plus.
• SAP experience a plus.
• Previous experience in music merchandising and royalty accounting is a plus.
• Ability and willingness to wear many hats; has a roll up your sleeves can do attitude.
• Must be a team player.
• Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.