Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Universal Music Group (UMG) currently has an opening for a Senior Staff Accountant position within its Central Accounting Services division. This position supports the general accounting close cycle and corporate reporting process within UMG’s record label division. The ideal candidate will have more than 3 years of front line general ledger and/or corporate reporting experience and possess a bachelor's degree in Accounting; a CPA is a plus.
Our mission in Central Accounting Services is to continually expand our contribution to the organization through team mentorship, individual development, and creative process improvements. We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and sharp mind.
In this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a broad array of accounting, analysis and reporting activities, including but not limited to:
• Drafting internal financial reports and supporting analytics for division senior management and label's high profile third-party joint ventures.
• Performing monthly financial statement corporate reporting using Hyperion (HFM).
• Preparing month-end general ledger close journal entries and supporting reconciliations using SAP.
• Coordinating with division Finance representatives, as well as other UMG functional departments to stay current with business activity and emerging issues.
• Supporting special project and process improvement initiatives.
• Assist with preparation of lead schedules for quarterly Audit review
• Participation in UMG annual Sarbanes Oxley compliance process
• Preparation of ad hoc financial schedules and analysis in response to label inquiries
• Strong Excel & Word skills required
• Strong analytical skills required; along with attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Possess strong oral and written communication skills
• More than 3 years of broad general ledger accounting or corporate reporting experience
• Experience with SAP or similar general ledger applications
• Experience with HFM preferred
• Music or Entertainment industry experience a plus
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting a must, CPA preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.