Senior Accountant, Royalties
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
This position supports the royalty accounting close cycle. The ideal candidate has broad frontline general ledger and royalty account experience and possesses a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field of study. We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and a sharp mind.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Preparing monthly journal entries using SAP
• Creating and maintaining detailed supporting schedules
• Preparing GL account reconciliations and analysis
• Coordinating with other UMG departments to research and resolve royalty accounting issues and inquires
• Providing guidance to Artist and Copyright Departments with journal entry preparation and artist account analysis
• Preparing quarterly/monthly artist studies and analyzing the quarterly activity
• Coordinating with label finance representatives to stay current with royalty related activity
• Supporting various special projects and process improvement initiatives
Bring your VIBE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field of study
• Min 3 years of General Ledger Accounting experience
• Advanced Excel skills with extensive knowledge of excel formulas. Macro experience is a plus.
• SAP and HFM experience preferred and TRACS (UMG Royalty System) experience is a plus
• Music or Entertainment industry experience preferred
• Familiarity with GAAP
• Ability to handle multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong analytical skills
• Overtime required during month end close
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.