Senior Account & Business Development Manager
Universal Music GroupToronto, ON
This was removed by the employer on 3/25/2021 8:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Sales Category
Search for Senior Account & Business Development Manager jobs in Toronto-ON
Search all Senior Account & Business Development Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Account & Business Development Manager? Description
JOB OPPORTUNITY – SENIOR ACCOUNT & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, SHED CREATIVE AGENCY
Closing Date: March 5 , 20 2 1
The UMC team is currently working from home due to the global pandemic and plans on going back into the office in 2021. You must be comfortable working in a virtual/remote environment.
Shed Creative Agency is a division of Universal Music Canada, Canada's leading music company, engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content.
Starting with a deep understanding of our audience, we deliver authentic cultural content and experiences designed around people's passions - shaping, sharing and fueling brand narratives by crafting the best ideas, finding the right social channels to share them on and finding the best partners to amplify them on.
Shed eats, lives and breathes music and culture and we need c andidate s who also share our passion for culture, craft and the unexpected. Rooted in strategic thinking, our work ranges from advertising to branded content, digital solutions, design, social media, experiential platforms & activations. We are a young entrepreneurial boutique agency within the global Universal Music network, and we work with top-tier brands and creators.
Reporting to Shed's Managing Director, t he Senior Account & Business Development Manager will have a strong foundation in current marketing and advertising strategies across traditional, digital and social media. The ideal candidate understands traditional media sales but is also pushing into new media opportunities , where artists and fans are connecting.
You must have both an entrepreneurial spirit with a curiosity and vision that can create opportunities for the agency, our artists and our partners, whilst also handling the planning and administration part of the role , with a high level of accuracy and efficiency. You must thrive without a manual and love solv ing problems , seeing new business possibilities and innovations in all interactions. You will help grow strategic relationships and new business opportunities with world-class brands, media platforms, agencies, artists, publishers, and labels. The ideal person, eats and breathes culture and consumes content/experiences that bring that to life in ways that can benefit our clients.
• Proactively create unique and monetizable partnerships across industries including brands, media, and tech companies
• Build and lead growing advertising offering across artist social platforms (YT, Tik Tok, Instagram) , as well as podcasts
• Responsible for management of new business proposals/details internal and client budgets/forecasting
• Actively brief and collaborate with creative teams on ideas and pitches
• B uild and operate an effective P&L to help assess the value of great deals and present business development opportunities and existing projects with insight and accuracy
• B uild positive relationships with clients , respond ing quickly to daily requests, offer ing innovative ideas, solv ing problems effectively, understand ing challenges , g ain ing clients' trust and respect
• Work closely with the other team leads to ensure that all work undertaken maximizes the available cross-functional resources in an efficient and cost-effective manner
• Connect with partners from across the market , finding of new ways of creating business opportunities
• Display and encourage creativity and innovation
• O versee multiple complex projects with concurrent deadlines through effective account management
• Manage workload and work process by facilitating regular meetings with account team s , planning teams and overseeing updates and accuracy
• Coordinate projects effectively, react ing promptly to team requests, ask ing questions, communicat ing needs and problems effectively, manag ing logistics, meet ing deadlines , and find ing ways to get things done in a resourceful way
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, or similar field
• Minimum 5 years' experience in a marketing or business development roles
• E xperience with YouTube, social media and/or podcasting ad sales is an asset
• Demonstrated experience working with big partners and achieving agency financial/business forecasting metrics
• Experience managing relationship s at all levels, including senior level clients , with a bility to motivate and persuade staff, peers, and clients , representing the agency and the client in a polished manner
• Deep understanding and immersion in culture – primarily music/fashion/media
• Experience managing and monitoring P&L across large-scale account
• Exceptional organizational skills and superb oral and written communication, with seasoned presentation skills
• Proven ability to lead a team , with strong management skills, enthusiasm, and can-do attitude
• Team player who is results-oriented, proactive and has a strong work ethic
• Ability to operate with speed, flexibility, and creativity , with w orld class attention to detail across all projects ' aspects
Please apply before March 5 , 2021
Universal Music Canada is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, and strongly welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous Peoples, people of colour , women, persons with disabilities, people who are LGBTQ2S , and people from other diverse communities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.