Royalty Review Manager
Universal Music GroupLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: UK Royalty Review Manager (Maternity Cover: 9-12 Month Contract)
Responsible to: Head of UK Administration
Department: Royalty Review, UK Administration
Location of work: Fulham Broadway
Main purpose of role
• Analysis and tracking of Income across all Income streams for Universal Music Publishing UK Repertoire including Digital, Mechanical, Broadcast/Performance, Live and Cinema.
• Implementing and monitoring tracking claims at UK Societies and liaising with Universal sub-publishing network of offices.
• Working alongside Global Royalty Review to ensure procedures are aligned and data is shared in a timely manner to facilitate productive tracking and analysis.
• Continuous review of processes to ensure effective productivity and key revenue sources are resourced effectively.
• Key contact for Administration in development of Business Intelligence platform, working alongside IT.
Management and Communication
• Managing one Analyst and overseeing the required processes to ensure timely delivery of key reports to agreed timetables.
• Maintain relationships through regular liaison with clients, the Rights Societies (or similar) and internal departments within Universal Music Publishing.
• Assist Global Royalty Review in the resolution of any Royalty Review items.
• Assist the UK Royalty and UK Copyright areas with client queries and royalty audits.
• Other Projects Ad-hoc analysis and queries, client audits Review and monitoring on local society Terms and Conditions.
• UK office lead on internal Business Intelligence tool.
• International royalty and/or royalty tracking/analysis experience within a music publishing company (or similar platform).
• Experience managing and training personnel.
• Highly organised with effective time management.
• Adaptable with the ability to deal productively with changing priorities and timebound deliverables.
• Strong initiative and problem solving skills.
• A dynamic and motivated mindset.
• Proven ability to promote and implement new procedures and processes to improve efficiencies in royalty tracking and analysis.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage with other functions and third parties.
• Ability to present different aspects of royalty tracking to senior management as required, including using PowerPoint presentations where necessary.
• Excel to Advanced Level.
• Extensive experience and knowledge in working with music publishing administration systems.
• A good understanding of the current market place and industry practices and initiatives.
• Knowledge of, MicroStrategy, Microsoft Access.
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent).
• Experience using an AS400 system.
Diversity and Inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.