Royalty Audit Specialist
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
UMG is currently seeking to fill the role of Royalty Audit Specialist. In this role, you will be responsible for various aspects of the audit process, as well as assisting the audit team in preparing responses and preparing for settlement negotiations.
This position affords the right candidate exposure to all aspects of royalty reporting and many key players in the business space. The right candidate will have a passion for music and be hungry to learn and grow in the business of music.
• Overall management and supervision of the audit fieldwork process from beginning to end.
• Evaluate contractual validity of audit rights.
• Meet with outside auditors and closely supervise their onsite work.
• Carefully and articulately communicate in adversarial situations with external auditors regarding their requests.
• Review and provide corrective feedback to auditor’s questions and draft audit claim schedules.
• Draft responses to official audit claims.
• Present multiple perspectives on issues to senior audit team.
• Provide support during contentious settlement negotiations.
• Recognize and safeguard highly confidential information in adversarial interactions between UMG and third parties.
• Must be comfortable with working in an adversarial capacity
• Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Must be able to think objectively and present multiple sides of an issue.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Able to multi-task, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be comfortable taking argumentative positions.
• At least 2 years of experience in an audit role or equivalent exposure to working in adversarial business situations.
• Exposure to recording contracts or participation agreements.
• Four-year college degree in Business, Paralegal Certificate or equivalent work experience.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.