Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Royalty Assistant
Responsible to: Head of Royalties
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
To prepare accurate royalty accounting for all parties contracted to the label, and to provide info to Management and the label.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
• Royalty accounting as directed by Head for the labels (including but not limited to Island & EMI)
• Quarterly processing as directed by Head for the labels
• Monthly fee income bookings as directed by the Head for the labels
• Quarterly TV break claiming and booking of overseas claims as directed by Head
• Year-end information provision and analysis as required by Management and/or label Finance as directed by Head
• Monthly processing of VAT invoices payable on the labels
• Full sales input for the labels
• Contract logging for the labels
• Investigation and resolution of ad hoc queries on the label as within job holder’s capabilities
• Other ad hoc tasks on the team as directed by Head within job holder’s capabilities
• Good levels of numeracy and accuracy in figure work.
• Ability to analyse and interpret legal documents.
• Can deliver under pressure, and can set / meet own goals.
• High level of competency on mainframe and Microsoft packages.
• Must be able to complete all tasks within agreed deadline and apply themselves to this end.
• Previous experience within a Royalties environment is desirable.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.