Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Risk Manager (Corporate Risk Management)
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group, Inc. is currently looking for a Risk Manager, who will have broad responsibility for supporting UMG's Risk Management Functions by working directly with the Vice President of Insurance and Risk Management on the day-to-day management of corporate operations and service delivery, including procurement and renewals of the company's multi-national Property, Casualty, Asset Protection and Management & Liability Insurance Programs. The position will also assist with conducting due diligence around new acquisitions & divestitures, contract reviews, creating loss mitigation strategies, administration of RIMS systems, loss control, and claims management. This individual will work collaboratively with UMG's global insurance brokers, claims administrators, service vendors, and internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with Risk Management goals and Corporate policies and procedures.
How you'll CREATE:
• Assist in the design, implementation, evaluation and monitoring the effectiveness of the global insurance programs, including identifying appropriate coverage types, coverage limits, deductible & retention levels
• Collect exposure data and submit accurate and timely underwriting applications for the procurement and renewal of all lines of insurance coverage
• Work with broker network to structure comprehensive and competitively priced insurance programs, including negotiations, risk evaluation, delivery, and payment
• Negotiate with insurance companies with respect to premiums, terms and conditions, renewals, and modifications of insurance programs
• Monitor all new areas of business and exposure, ensuring that new entities, properties, automobiles, and employees are added to current insurance policies on a timely basis
• Place separate insurance products for company's joint venture partner, including assisting directly with insurance and comprehensive general liability policy
• Coordinate with all global location's internal stakeholders on the reporting of and processing of claims, ensuring they understand and comply with all global reporting procedures are met under non-admitted jurisdictions.
• Participate in claim settlement negotiations and make recommendations regarding the adjustment & settlement of Liability (including Workers' Compensation) and Property claims
• Develop and explain risk management policy and procedures to internal customers
• Audit all premium and casualty claim invoices for accuracy and timely payment
• Review and analyze various types of contracts & leases to ensure adequacy of insurance and indemnification language
• Administration and coordination of Certificate of Insurance exchange process
Risk Information Management Systems
• Administrate all RMIS contracts
• Oversee Carrier Risk Management data exposure collection process for global insurance programs.
• Identify property and casualty loss exposures and work business units to mitigate exposures
• Collect, analyze, evaluate collateral requirements
• Prepare loss analyses and budgets
• Maintain department records in accordance with record retention requirements
• Coordinate and manage surety program
• Provide training and education to key internal stakeholders on insurance processes.
• Acts as subject matter expert and assists in development of contractual risk transfer strategy specific to insurance terms and conditions
Bring your VIBE:
• Bachelor's degree preferred in accounting, finance or business-related degree
• 5-8 years of risk management experience in Corporate Risk Management or commercial insurance brokerage
• Relevant industry accreditations and/or certifications such as Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Associate in Risk Management (ARM), Certified Risk Manager (CRM), or similar designations are a plus
• Possess strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task as needed
• Must be a self-motivated team player with strong attention to detail, high level of accountability, and the ability to work independently or with a team
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively at all levels across the organization and with external business partners
• Must also have refined professional presentation skills with the ability to present to senior executives
• Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Additional experience with Risk Management Information Systems preferred
• Thorough knowledge of Captive Insurance Management
• Ability and flexibility to travel as required
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
Job Category:Finance & Accounting
$64,480.00 - $131,798.33
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
$64,480.00 - 131,798.33 per year